X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EvilPsych
    replied
    Originally posted by jmbrowning
    Welds look pretty solid! Did you use the flux core wire that came with the welder or something different?
    i only use flux core for trail repairs.

I have a bottle of C25 that i use for all my welding. as it takes a long ass time to use the bottle i have up with the amount of welding i do, when it runs out, i'm gonna just get a bottle of straight argon so i can do alu in addition to steel.

oh, i've forwarded the link to those shock shifters to my bud who's tj this was. dear god i hope i dont have to pull his freaking axle again, but those look like the perfect dealie-os

Leave a comment:

• igofshn
    replied
    Originally posted by jmbrowning
    Welds look pretty solid! Did you use the flux core wire that came with the welder or something different?

BTW, I had a shock mount problem also and remedied this by going to the Nth Degree Mobility Shock Shifters. These moved the mounts further outboard toward the wheels.
    I have a set of those that I will be installing in the next couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied

BTW, I had a shock mount problem also and remedied this by going to the Nth Degree Mobility Shock Shifters. These moved the mounts further outboard toward the wheels.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    wow alex your getting pretty good with the readywelder ! you have to rotate the shocks mounts or extend them also .

Leave a comment:

• EvilPsych
    started a topic pics from RUBICON TJ axle rework up

pics from RUBICON TJ axle rework up

pics

well rotated all the brackets 3 degrees at the suggestion of Jim79CJ7, who fixes these stupid things on a (near)daily basis. ONly thing that didnt work out, was the shock mounts, they werent long enough to provide the correct amount of shock stroke, or clearance on the axle/exhaust even with the RE spacers. Will have to make new ones from scratch. However, the jeep is functional, and no driveline vibe.
Working...
X