Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHANGIN.. up my HEAP.. a bit..

well.. as you all know.. I go into hiding during the summer months.. well.. I spend them at the RIVER.. well.. river season is over.. so I have been puttin some effort back into the JEEP..

Plus.. I have been workin on a few other peoples jeeps.. buildin bumpers.. rock sliders.. roof racks and what not..

just thought I would start a small update thread on my XJ

PIC QUALITY SUCKS!!!! ill bust out the DSLR when im done playin FABman.. lol..

Yukon Axles... figured I need some spares.. so I bought cromo.. and ill keep the stocks when I break these.. lol

started cuttin away at the rocker pannel.. took this pic.. then realized I need to cut ALOT more.. so I did..

got some 2x6 and welded up the ends.. made a bunch of brackets and what not to attach it to the unibody..
    finsished product...

Ditched the short arms with jonny joints I put on last year.. in favor of a long arm kit.. also installed transfer case skid plate..

since.. the previous 2 XJ's I had.. both encountered rocks at the rear rocker.. I cut and folded them out of the way..

before:

after:

this past weekend I decided to build myself a bumper.. I began with buildin a boxed bumper and steer box support.. it got all gussetted inside and out.. and a mess of grade 8 hardware holds each one to the unibody..

started to build the bars for the front bumper.. ..

got a killer deal on this winch at the EXPO...

just thought I would throw in a pic of this notch.. I havent bent bar in about 5 years.. and was pretty stoked on all my notches and bends too..

front bumper about 80% done... I have some lower supports and a few gussetts to add...

so.. after burning the midnite oil on friday after work.. buildin 80% of the front bumper.. I got bored.. and started to build a rear bumper with a swing down tire mount..

[COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
    PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

pics are horriable... I got the day off tomorrow.. ill break out the good camera.. and post up some better ones..
    [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comment

Looking good my friend. Well done

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Looking good man. The front bumper is real nice, it flows with the body. Now you have me revved to do my rear bumper/tire carrier. F#@ker! I've been putting it off.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by LEADFOOTjosh View Post
          pics are horriable...
          ...almost as bad as your spelling. :geek:

Seriously though, looks good. Where do you find time to do that? Laid off? Maybe you just don't have kids.
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
            ...almost as bad as your spelling. :geek:

Seriously though, looks good. Where do you find time to do that? Laid off? Maybe you just don't have kids.

ya dude... my spellin sucks.. well.. mostly because I dont proof read my posts.. because..really.. who cares.. hahahaha

laid off???? nope.. luckily I am still employeed at this time

as for kids.. I have a 9 year girl.. who is into cheer and girlie things.. so.. she keeps her mom bizzy.. lol

Comment

Nice work!
              Head nut at Outdoorlogic
              Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
              www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Originally posted by LEADFOOTjosh View Post
                ya dude... my spellin sucks.. well.. mostly because I dont proof read my posts.. because..really.. who cares.. hahahaha

laid off???? nope.. luckily I am still employeed at this time

as for kids.. I have a 9 year girl.. who is into cheer and girlie things.. so.. she keeps her mom bizzy.. lol
                Glad to hear you're still employed, but I'm still trying to figure out how you had all that time to work on the Jeep!
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Looks good, let's see some more on the spare carrier. I was thinking of making mine that way and want some ideas to steal...uh no, I mean I want some inspiration!!:haha:

Comment

Looks great Josh! The rear tire carrier looks really good!
                    Regards,
                    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Comment

better pics of front bumper..

still need to install front skid plate.. winch and weld up d-ring and light mounts

Comment

Looks pretty darn sweet Josh

Comment

Josh,

The Jeep is looking good! Damn, if I can hose the porch off when I come home at night I feel like I did something. I need to get off my ass! Nice work.

Mitch

Comment

Josh, thumbs up on the bumper build!

The front skid with be a nice addition to finish it of like the iceing on a cake, Sweet!

Comment

Josh, thumbs up on the bumper build!

The front skid will be a nice addition to finish it of like the iceing on a cake, Sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X