Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Square tube bumpers.

I finally finished the square tube bumper for Sully's CJ and I'm going to do my other son's yellow TJ next. I modeled it after the my TJ "Four Real" rear which is actually made by daystar.

It was a lot of work as I didnt have a tube bender, so cut, grind bevels, weld and lots of grinding to smooth. I also used heavy wall tubing 3/16.

I cut all the parts and tacked up a few more blanks which will fit any jeep. I dont know how anyone can make a living doing this ,way too much labor involved.
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/photopost...cat=546&page=1

Very cool! What did you use to make the bevel cuts? The ground welds look very smooth. I personally like the box tube look!

Did the shackle mounts go all the way through the box tube?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Cuts were done with a cold saw, but an abraisive saw would have been OK. There were a couple of "bastard miters" or compound angles cut that I cheated with a plasma torch. Lots and lots of grinding, then a once over with a sanding disc. Those are not shackle mounts,they're just for trailer safety chains. I've got a reciver type shackle mount for the center.

Comment

Wow Brian, they came out great! Let's take them out and bang them up!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Yea that looks good I made one for the front of my wifes XJ model after the four real steel one. Yours are cool I know about the grinding and grinding and grinding!!!!
          75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

Comment

Looks good! The notching anf bending creates a cleaner bend then a tube bender would. Cleaner as in no tube distortion.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I give it two thumbs up.
              Nice work.
              AriZonaTJ

======================
              0[_____]0
              .(0IIII0). - 98 TJ, 3"Tera,33" M/Ts
              []===0=[]
              ======================

Comment

nice job! i agree with sarah... lets go scrape em' across some rocks!
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                X