Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAILER341
    replied
    nice job! i agree with sarah... lets go scrape em' across some rocks!

Leave a comment:

• AriZonaTJ
    replied
    I give it two thumbs up.
    Nice work.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Looks good! The notching anf bending creates a cleaner bend then a tube bender would. Cleaner as in no tube distortion.

Leave a comment:

• tonkadave
    replied
    Yea that looks good I made one for the front of my wifes XJ model after the four real steel one. Yours are cool I know about the grinding and grinding and grinding!!!!

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Wow Brian, they came out great! Let's take them out and bang them up!

Leave a comment:

• brian4.2
    replied
    Cuts were done with a cold saw, but an abraisive saw would have been OK. There were a couple of "bastard miters" or compound angles cut that I cheated with a plasma torch. Lots and lots of grinding, then a once over with a sanding disc. Those are not shackle mounts,they're just for trailer safety chains. I've got a reciver type shackle mount for the center.

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied
    Very cool! What did you use to make the bevel cuts? The ground welds look very smooth. I personally like the box tube look!

Did the shackle mounts go all the way through the box tube?

Leave a comment:

• brian4.2
    started a topic Square tube bumpers.

Square tube bumpers.

I finally finished the square tube bumper for Sully's CJ and I'm going to do my other son's yellow TJ next. I modeled it after the my TJ "Four Real" rear which is actually made by daystar.

It was a lot of work as I didnt have a tube bender, so cut, grind bevels, weld and lots of grinding to smooth. I also used heavy wall tubing 3/16.

I cut all the parts and tacked up a few more blanks which will fit any jeep. I dont know how anyone can make a living doing this ,way too much labor involved.
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/photopost...cat=546&page=1
Working...
X