X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at the difference between 37' MTR's and 40" MTR's

tinker toy 40 001 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

tinker toy 40 003 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Also did some measuring and one of the first new projects is going to be the addition of a front antirock.
    Just got to find some coin to buy the whole shebang

Comment

• I though you big boys didn't like the antirock on the front?
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• I do but it seemed near impossible to stick one in there. But after a bit of measuring and looking it seems to be withing the realm of possibilities. Will bring a measuring tape Saturday and see if I got enough clearance fully flexed.
        If all else fails I can rob the one of my Yellow TJ and if I still have a factory swaybar, stick that back on it

Comment

• Me and my best bud spending some quality time in the man cave

picture039 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture041 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Who ever claimed that full hydro steering is as easy as pie is full of crap :p

Anyway got the steering arm business on one side resolved. tierod doesn't bind, tierod is straight at full turn.
            Had to machine a few new spacers and what not. With some luck on to the other side tomorrow.
            Then see if I can make a reservoir out of a chunk of old driveshaft, is a nice big thin wall tube. cap both ends weld in some fittings and tubes and maybe even snag a powersteering filter from work and it will be all spiffy, damned thing will hold a couple of quarts of fluid if I can help it. Just not impressed with the PSC reservoirs

The good

picture042 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture043 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

The bad

picture044 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

picture045 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Difference between a 39.5 Pitbull and a 40" MTR

picture046 by aartjestaartje, on Flickr

Comment

• Wow, that's a big difference on the tire height!
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
              www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Same thing with the MTR vs KM2. The 37" MTR is a bit larger then the KM2.
                Check out .

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  Then see if I can make a reservoir out of a chunk of old driveshaft, is a nice big thin wall tube. cap both ends weld in some fittings and tubes and maybe even snag a powersteering filter from work and it will be all spiffy, damned thing will hold a couple of quarts of fluid if I can help it.
                  That's what I'm talking about!
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

• Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                    That's what I'm talking about!
                    I didn't see mention of any holes though :dunno:
                    God forgives, rocks don't
                    -sons of thunder

Comment

• It's only Davey of the desert that likes Swiss cheese, I like Dutch cheese with cummin seeds in it and no darn holes

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                        Same thing with the MTR vs KM2. The 37" MTR is a bit larger then the KM2.

Difference is 2" in diam, Pitbull is 37'5" tall at street pressure 40" MTR is 39.5" tall same size as a big rig tire

Comment

• http://www.redfoxcheese.co.uk/

that's some good cheese right there, trader joes had it for a few months, but they don't carry it anymore :-(
                          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• KPI and camber is all good, the main thing is to get the tierod inline with the ram at full turn, as far that goes mission is accomplished.
                            Didn't loose to much turning angle. One arm needs a little cleaning up and I might beef it up a bit more. All the spacers are made, the heims don't bind, which is another area, you really have to watch out for. So it's all happy, on to the hydraulic part, probably going to use the stock pump till this thing is drivable. Next is finishing the ram mount and beefing the front diff cover, after that the front is done. Then a truss for the rear axle and that is good also. Looks like there is hope for this jalopy

Comment

• I call shotgun
                              You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• When it's done I know just the trails for it. What have you been up to Mike?
                                Up for some easy Hammer fun on Newyears day?

Comment

Working...
                                X