X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the nekid girly ones

Comment

• Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
      Sweet. Not only rednecked, but you're ahead of the game for Christmas in July!
      They are party lights Matt, not Christmas lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason View Post
        They are party lights Matt, not Christmas lights.
        Why do I get the feeling your [strike]Christmas[/strike] party lights are still up too?

I vote for a party at Art's house. I'll bring some beer! Didn't somebody mention a M&G a while ago now?
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

• We only do redneck parties

Comment

• here is something for the high diff clearance crowd which axle is under which Jeep and what has more clearance.
            Did some measuring today and thought this was interesting

35" tires versus 37" tires, all at 30 psi. Stock axles versus versus D60 HP and 14 bolt. Which is which? Where is the diff clearance advantage?

Y'all tell me where the big advantage of weaker axles with less gearing choices is?
            Last edited by aw12345; 07-28-13, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Seems obvious that the second two have much better clearance .

That is an interesting comparison, but your photos give away the answer to which is which. There appears to be no diff clearance advantage, unless the tires are equal in size. Last time around I was lucky to be able to find a good deal on some good 35s. 37s or bigger would have broken me. Would you want to drag around that 14bt on 33s?
              holes = cowbell

Comment

• Well you could, hitting rocks hard enough, you would break the rock instead of the axle lol

One thing peeps overlook is gearing choice. It's more of a limiting factor than people think.
                Personally for my put put I would love 5.86 gears. Would be perfect for my Jeep.
                Lots a Jeeps on 35's could benefit from 5.13 gears. Either choice would take sacrifices

Comment

• I got 11 3/8 in the front and 11 in the back.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Goes to show it isn't all about diff clearance. I'll take the stronger wider axles any day.

Comment

• Can't argue the mechanical advantages big tires, and wide, strong axles in the big rocks. They can even help keep the rubber side down when going fast. The issue of unsprung weight is another can of worms, though. Higher unsprung weights have serious consequences for handling at speed over bumps and such. Still, for KOH, I'd choose a 60/14bt combo over a 30/44 combo without hesitation.

Aside from all that, which put-put do you drive to work?
                      holes = cowbell

Comment

• I'm 3" wider than stock, and that helps.
                        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• For the last week I have been enjoying driving big put put and yes it drives nicer than my lil yeller go devil
                          Drives nice on the street and it's fun blasting speed bumps in the parking lot at 30mph

Comment

• Are you running spacers, Curtis?

It has a better suspension without a doubt, but speedbumps don't count when you're running 37s.
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

• Would be the same on 35's the shocks and springs got to soak em up. Airbumps don't hurt either

Comment

• In between shooting the bull and resting up from a long hot work week, I managed to sneak a lil tinker time in

Last edited by aw12345; 07-21-13, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X