Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks David

Well when's the OCD Rednecked thread continueing? Was a fun and interesting read for me.

Anyway lil more progress

Once this one is all gussied up, I can start boxing in all the front axle mounts.
    then on to the next chore, finish steering and do some sheetmetal work or build a metal brake of sorts first

Comment

• Thanks, Art. Yeah I've been lazy about pics and writeups, and the next part of the build isn't as interesting to me.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

• When these build projects start taking to long it's not easy to stay excited about it. When done right and it all comes together as intended and it works better than you could ever imagine, it's more than worth all the time and effort though.

Comment

• Back when I had it, it didn't seem to progress as well as it does with you Art.

memories

Keep going . KOH is just around the corner.
          You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
            When these build projects start taking to long it's not easy to stay excited about it. When done right and it all comes together as intended and it works better than you could ever imagine, it's more than worth all the time and effort though.
            Thanks for the encouragement, Art. I could have made my build go a lot more quickly and easily in some ways, but oh well. I got those front LCA mounts melted on at least
            holes = cowbell

Comment

• Any progress is progress, a specially if it's forward progress

Comment

• Sometimes the progress is just thinking about it, you could be miles away from the actual project and be building in your mind.

Comment

• Yeah, the Jeep Build Committee meetings in my head can drag on for hours.
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

• It took me a while to gather all wanted opinions on your reply. Its unanimous, we all agree that deliberation takes too long but is very necessary in the build process.

Comment

• Best part of my build progress is a serious lack of urgency. Just work on it when I am in the mood, deliberate for a bit them go at it.
                      Is nice to not be overly tired at work after spending the other part of the week working on your Jalopy.
                      It's nice to have enough offroad vehicles to keep you happy and another one to keep the fabricator urges in check

Comment

• Originally posted by Toolman View Post
                        It took me a while to gather all wanted opinions on your reply. Its unanimous, we all agree that deliberation takes too long but is very necessary in the build process.
                        That cracked me up--thanks!

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        Best part of my build progress is a serious lack of urgency. Just work on it when I am in the mood, deliberate for a bit them go at it.
                        Is nice to not be overly tired at work after spending the other part of the week working on your Jalopy.
                        It's nice to have enough offroad vehicles to keep you happy and another one to keep the fabricator urges in check
                        I had a little of that wheeling vehicle + fabrication vehicle thing going on for awhile. I do miss wheeling. Can be great to keep the enthusiasm going.
                        holes = cowbell

Comment

• Welding when it's a 100 degrees out just isn't all that much fun. Nevertheless there is progress

Comment

• I know the feeling, I worked a hole 35 minutes on mine lol......
                            [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

• The weather out in your corner of the desert is even more desirable lol

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                                Welding when it's a 100 degrees out just isn't all that much fun. Nevertheless there is progress
                                free pre-heating FTW!! haha

I actually froze my a** off driving up the coast this weekend early saturday morning with no doors or top to drop my transmission off to be rebuilt. Where's this heat wave you speak of!?
                                Last edited by daniel_buck; 07-07-13, 10:29 PM.
                                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
                                X