Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a bit more tinker time

Got a bit carried away with a grinder, darn that trackbar bracket is a mother to get of the frame.
    Anyway created a bunch of clearance, looks like the trackbar and steering will fit in there just fine.
    At 6" of uptravel even the lower radiator hose will clear the pumkin.

Comment

Once you start this cutting business and fire up the plasma cutter, there is just no stopping it.
      Before

After, never mind the ghetto rigging, it helps with 3D visualization

Once I figure out a way to create a double sheer setup for the steering arms to tie the knuckle and Hi steer arms together I will be a very happy camper

Comment

Lookin good my bro!! Hey Art are those the tires ya got for X-mas that were sittin in the garage a while back? they look mighty beefy..
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

They sure are Geeb, did youz go for some wheeling this weekend?

Comment

No wheelin this weekend , I kinda did nothin..lol..got on the bike a few hours and thats about it..
            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Got the steering box hanging where it's going to live and started mocking up some steering linkage so I can play with it

Steering needs more work, might lower the box 1" and see how that works. Also doing the double sheer setup will help lower the drag link a bit. Going to have to highline the hood also

Last edited by aw12345; 07-06-10, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Tinker toy steering

Trying to rough out a steering setup where I can use a double sheer setup for the steering arms getting closer
                to what I want. Might just get a final mock up this weekend.

Comment

Looks great Art. Damn those tires look big.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

yup they are some pretty good size shoes

Comment

keep going like you are and soon enough it will be all tube, with a cut down grill signifying that it is a jeep

What are your plans for the rear? fuel cell and full comp cut or keeping actual fender cutouts?
                      "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

It has a comp cut all ready
                        14 bolt 4 link ya know the drill

Comment

Got a few more goodies for the steering, when you need heims look into www.rodendsupply.com better prices than most and they stock their stuff, so no waiting for weeks like with Ballistic

Last edited by aw12345; 07-10-10, 03:23 AM.

Comment

That's one hell of a project Art. The Hammers is calling your name I see.

It's looking really good.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

You got that right Shant would be awesome if this thing gets rolling for the coming Hammers season.
                              I like your latest Dishpan movie, ya still need lockers Boy!

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                                You got that right Shant would be awesome if this thing gets rolling for the coming Hammers season.
                                I like your latest Dishpan movie, ya still need lockers Boy!
                                I'm done with the waterfall at Dishpan. Bigger tires, longer flex and lower gears and still couldnt make it up that damn think. I'm going to opt for an aussie in the rear.

This Hammers season I'm taking Khoren to ClawHammer but I'll make sure I have the Aussie by then.

Can't wait to see your new beast

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Working...
                                X