Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good, Art. When are we going to get a full build thread for this monster?
    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Ha when I actually really get busy with it.
      Since my yellow baby is out of commission for a couple of weeks I have some time to tinker with this one.
      Really need to get busy with it though, since Fred is going wild with his baby. There is no way I will be able to keep up with the old man unless I come up with something drastic

Comment

You would need to quit your job to keep up with Fred, he's a mad man. But the tinkering is looking good Art.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Keep up with fred now thats funny. Maybe if you didnt sleep lol. Lookin good art, take your time and do it right.

Comment

Where is that "money tree" you guy's keep havesting? I can use a little for some dreamy projects that I'd like to do. Ah well one day......

Looking good Art.

Comment

Mitch, that money tree is called working your hiney off

Comment

Art, thats what I've been doing! Just not making a difference for me yet.

Comment

Tinkered along a bit more today

Comment

Art,
                    I see you speak a little French...

Looks good. Going 3 link with the upper on the passenger side. Looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Keep the pics coming. BTW, whats up with the Yellow beast?
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Looks like its coming along good. You are doing a mid arm right?

Comment

Terralow had a fit, is being fixed under waranty.
                        Supposedly, they are coming out with a gear set that distributes the load better.I guess the problem they were having is that it did not load the 5 planetary gears equally so the bearings in one or 2 would fail, which is what happened to mine.
                        As far as my tinkering goes, it's a work in progress.
                        Upperlink on the right will be a bit tight with the exhaust, but makes for more room over the pumkin and better clearance with the lower radiator neck. straightening the front of the frame and lifting the grille should help a lot with clearance issues and make room for the steering. Still takes a big shoe horn and a fair amount of grease to stuff all this stuff in this small package
                        Last edited by aw12345; 06-07-10, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Have been playing with it some this week looks like I can get it so the front axle can travel 8" straight up and clear everything. Got enough room for the control arms which is working out pretty nicely. Still waiting on parts. Going to some more welding and cutting tomorrow

Last edited by aw12345; 06-13-10, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Art,
                            That's a monsta you're buildin there. What size tires? 37" or 40"?
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

39.5 tires Kurt, Little wider than I like, but what the heck we will see how they work. Somewhere along the line will have to do a bit more cutting to fit this thing where I want it

Comment

Looking good Art. Things get a little tight in the front don't they?
                                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X