Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
    David, there's a COG calculator on jeepaholics tech pages.
    Thanks for the tip. I mercifully almost forgot about that thing. Art's right. Last time I looked at that stuff I thought, You know, I really don't care much! I re-downloaded it, though. Will mess with it--some other night.

So Art, are your link mounts really gonna stick out 7"? What are you trying to prove, anyway? :homer:
    holes = cowbell

Comment

• Nope just trying to see where things are going to go and how much work I am going to make my self.
      What I am trying to prove is simple more traction, no wheel hopping

Comment

• What are the chances of getting before and after videos of Lil' Yeller on a particular obstacle? That would be cool.
        holes = cowbell

Comment

• Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
          What are the chances of getting before and after videos of Lil' Yeller on a particular obstacle? That would be cool.
          The before has happened already lol. The after would be the hardest spot on John Bull which it actually climbed just fine after a bit of probing for the line. What had me going is the one spot on Holcomb going East to West. At the rock garden Freddy had a bit of a struggle climbing the right side, but got through it with a bit of maneuvering. Mine simply didn't want to climb up the KM2's didn't want to bite and when I tried to spin them to heat them up it started hopping. So if that goes away you got the after might do the gopro thingy the next time out in BB

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing it!
            holes = cowbell

Comment

• Working on my Jeep in the heat

Last edited by aw12345; 07-14-12, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• What a difference a few inches makes

Yes I could use weather where this attire is more appropriate
                and it's easier to get work done

Last edited by aw12345; 07-14-12, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Flat

Not so flat

Last edited by aw12345; 07-14-12, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• My little lower control arm project is done for the time being.
                    Arms are as close to flat as you can make them without lowering the frame mounts that are to low as it is.

Last edited by aw12345; 07-15-12, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Way to git'er done, Art.
                      holes = cowbell

Comment

• Yup drives very nice this way

Comment

• I likes them foourties

Comment

• Got the beginnings of tinkertoy 2 aka alleviate boredom sitting in the garage.
                            Gonna shoot for a wheelbase somewhere between 114 and 119"
                            Just talked to a friend at work who is going to let me use some Toyota axles for mockup. I am very curious how that is going to work out. Will be fun to cook up a suspension for this thing. Rear will be double triangulated 4 link. Front either a wishbone trilink upper or a 4 link if I can fit it in there. This frame is narrow, not a whole lot of room. It's gonna have full hydro, since it came with an orbital. Got it sitting about at the belly height that I want.
                            Want to run the Pitbulls on this pup

Comment

• I wanna be you when I grow up.

Just a thought with the narrowness. Could you go outboard with the uppers on the front near the point where it angles in and truss the daylights out of the mounts?
                              God forgives, rocks don't
                              -sons of thunder

Comment

• The EVOLUTION of a rock crawler addict. Time for a six car garage or shop Art.
                                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Working...
                                X