Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey art is that 1/8 inch? How you bending it? I want to get a 1/8" thick sheet ~4'X3' for a project Ive been wanting to do. You find a good source other than pattons?

Comment

• I made the whole shebang out of 1/16" plate any thicker and it will be a pain to bend. I used the work bench and a 2 by 4 as my sheetmetal brake. Not perfect but got the job done. Got it from Pattons, other place would be Industrial metals in Riverside, don't think they are any cheaper though unless you find scrap pieces. All depends on how big a piece you need.

Comment

• Comment

• Worked some more on the box over my fuel tank. major pain in the neck, but I am making progress.
          Back side all done and all the goodies strapped back down

Front needs a bit more work and then it's all done

Comment

• Finished the box and stuck the seats back in. Pretty happy how my aluminum sheetmetal project turned out. Jeep is starting to look a lot more finished these days

Me at my happiest lol

Found a pic of me visiting Hammertown at night in the vendors tent during King of the Hammers

Last edited by aw12345; 02-26-12, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• I like, how the steering wheel and shifter knobs are the only things, not, covered in dust.
              It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Earlier this week I mounted some red labels and stuffed all my wheelin junk in the back. Found a nice metal box yesterday to stick all the tire plugs, valves etc in. Now I need to go visit a trail in a bad way. The Tinkertoy wants to stretch it's legs. Has been to long

Comment

• All the work in the back turned out really nice.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Thanks Curtis and yes I am pretty happy with it

Comment

• Even I took my Christmas lights down a long time ago Art.
                      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                        Even I took my Christmas lights down a long time ago Art.
                        You just don't know nothing about rednecking do ya Mat

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                          You just don't know nothing about rednecking do ya Mat
                          Touché!
                          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

• I was going to comment on the xmas lights too but Mater beat me to it!!! lol. Looking great all around Art!!!

Comment

• Pulled my toy out of the garage and humped it with a friend's CJ

Trying to figure out what I need to do, to make that Jeep a reliable trail rig. Doesn't flex to bad for a leaf sprung Jeep.

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                                Trying to figure out what I need to do, to make that Jeep a reliable trail rig. Doesn't flex to bad for a leaf sprung Jeep.
                                What's unreliable about it?
                                God forgives, rocks don't
                                -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
                                X