X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might, biggest reason is this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLpw2KCXOoo

This stuff just looks like a serious kick in the pants

The 4 banger would pass smog too, just 8 squirrels sound way better than 4.

42" Pitbulls are way cool too

Comment

• What im asking is why a 5.3 whats wrong with a 90's 5.7 with a tbi and a 700r4. Or a nice old school 350, 383 or 408 with a holley projection unit. Pretty sure the 5.3 dont make the torque down low like any of those engines. If you plan on smogging it, its a different story. If not put anything in it. IMO OBD1 seems alot more simple and forgiving as far as smog than any OBDII vehicle.

Comment

• 5.3 or a 4.8 are lighter and produce more power, gearing wise I am good for an engine that produces power up a bit higher up.
        Other than that the 5.3's is a much better engine than the older Chevy smallblocks. Big blocks drink fuel like an alcoholic and do not produce power in relation to their heft and weight.

Comment

• Started on my weekend project

Comment

• Weekend project continues. Looks like this poor axle got it self some pretty good Hammer love

Comment

• When are you going to start on the new buggy build, Art? lol

Comment

• When I feel incredibly bored and have all your money Mark :-)

Comment

• After our little put put through the mountains and into the desert yesterday, it seems like it might be a good idea to make a stinger style spare tire carrier. I cut a pre cut sidewall on a front tire, busted it pretty good so instead attempting a to plug and reseat the darr thing borrowed the spare of one of my wheeling bud's. Got to love people that run the same bolt pattern and tire size as you do lol.
                  Any way for some local trails it seems like a good idea and the thing stuck on the back doesn't look half bad.

Comment

• I'm surprised your do'n this. With so many people happy with loosing weight off the back end. Have you considered putting it on the back of the cage, prerunner style?
                    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• No room on the cage and do not want it that high. It's not a permanent thing just for runs where we stray quite a way's from my truck.
                      Truthfully the tire will sit only about 8" or so behind the rear axle so the effect that you experience with a regular Jeep is not anywhere near as bad. This thing will come off in about 5 minutes
                      Last edited by aw12345; 05-27-12, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Mangled a fence pipe to see what it will take to make a stinger style spare tire carrier work

Kinda getting there, inspector Meathead says it will work

Comment

• Will copy the bends of this thing, make it out 1.5" 0.120 wall tube, then add a tube between the legs so I can bolt the tire to it that part will extend forward so I can attache it to center of the lower cross bar of the cage and that's it, one tire carrier build.
                          The krawler weighs 100lbs and I can take probably close to that in junk out of the back of my Jeep so weight wise it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Last edited by aw12345; 05-28-12, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Made a bit of progress today

Comment

• Glad to see you're still rednecking. All that building, still have the Christmas lights up! :devil:
                              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

• Looking good Art! You should turn on the Christmas lights tonight and celebrate. :wink:
                                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                                [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X