Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
    What's unreliable about it?
    Runs like crap, overheats, and a slew of other stuff that needs to be redone. In other words it needs some serious love

Comment

• Planning to have a full roll cage installed in my LJ. Has anyone used roughneckoffroad.com? Any other recommendations? Many Thanks.

Comment

• If I were you I would talk to Leadfoot josh on this board he has his own small 4x4 shop and does very nice work at a very affordable price.
        Here is a link to his website
        http://leadfootoffroad.com/

Comment

• Installed a little bling on my toy Jeep

In other news traded my little pickup for something a bit bigger, got me a 2007 extra cab GMC with a 5.3L in it. Picking it up day after tomorrow.
          Now I can drag my put put Jeep where ever I want to go :2thumbsup:

Comment

• I guess those high ass gas prices were a benefit for you art? Wait till you spend $100+ to fill up. Anyway the nissan probably didnt get much better gas milege than the truck especially towing. Make sure you down shift to (D)drive when pulling steep grades. Extra trans oil cooler wouldn't hurt either.
            Last edited by Jeeperator; 03-13-12, 02:33 AM.

Comment

• Towing my Nissan would get 10 mpg on a good day and the 16 gallon tank didn't help either. My buddy's Chevy drug my Jeep up to Big Bear without any grief so this ought to work for what I want. Gas prices aren't that big an issue, other than towing the truck will at the most drive about 20-30 miles a week.

Comment

• Pretty sure he chevy tank is 27 gallons. Took my son riding a month ago and it was $110 to fill up. I was shocked. Good thing I drive a 30mpg honda to work every day. My duramax diesel gets about 14 mpg towing my 10,000# 5th wheel. I Wonder what it will get flat towing the 4000# heep.

Comment

• New to me truck

The alarm system he just ate the first offender

Comment

• Very nice art, looks real clean.

Comment

• Weird seeing something in your driveway not wearing 37's or bigger. Very cool to share it with the dog.
                      God forgives, rocks don't
                      -sons of thunder

Comment

• Hound dog loves to ride, just to darn big to stuff in my Jeep

Comment

• Got bored

By the way to alleviate boredom, I ripped the 6 speed out of the yellow one, the 5 speed out of the big Jeep swapped clutches and stuffed the 6 speed in my toy and have the transfercase buttoned back up. Have rework the tranny mount a bit change the oil in the Atlas, well a few nuts on the engine skid and buckle it all back together and I have that part finished for my upcoming Moab trip. After my toy is back together have to stick the yellow Jeep back together. Put new tires on my trailer, mount 2 spare tires on it and then regear my truck. Pretty cool vacation week eh.

Comment

• Looks like you are keeping yourself busy Art. Ever heard of a hose or soap and water???

Where did you get your bumps for the front? That is my next purchase. I am leaning towards the Daystar ones.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16058_1320.htm
                            Last edited by vwtipeii; 04-03-12, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Go 2" air bumps, 4" works well but the tapping on the bump stop pads is irking me. Going to get some 2" air bumps for the rear these are from fox and they where not terribly expensive. Why hose it down? so I have to paint the rust, come the weekend it's dirty again.
                              I am not that bored Skeeter

Comment

• Art, Re: trailer tires, did you get the ST rated or P's / LT's ?

Steve
                                All slow and no show

Comment

Working...
                                X