• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, thanx.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Yes, most people run 2 different batteries, there is a good reason for it too. Usually you want the starting battery to be something that will support a large amp draw for a short time, and the acc battery to support a low amp draw for a long period of time with the capability to be nearly completly discharged w/o damage to the battery. This makes the red top/blue top a very nice combination. You will want some sort of isolater, or solinoid set up to achieve proper charging for both batteries, as others have mentioned.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

The way I have mine in the blazer set up, the backup battery is always charged with the alt but never drains. This way, I can use my main optima yellow top as much as I want, without worries of not being able to start the truck back up.

Even if the optima is fully drained, I can flip a switch, combine the two batteries, and get the thing started back up. I went with a solid state isolator/combiner (basically a couple of big diodes) from hellroaring. I've been pretty happy with it.
        03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
        "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Working...
        X