Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If my rear DS was made of big thin-wall tubing like my dented up front DS, I'm sure I would have dented and twisted it long ago. I like the idea of recycling the front double cardan, but would much prefer to have it welded to some heavier wall DOM.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

i was kinda skeptical about using the front xj shaft too. but for the price comparison its completely worth it. and if for some reason i do bust it then i can upgrade everything then. but the nice thing is that if u get in abind and ur rear shaft goes out then u can slap the front in to get home. if all goes well i should be able to do it for under 100 bucks. let u know how it goes.

Comment

New angle on Hack & Tap

Okay let's open a can of worms here... Does anybody know if the 231 tailshaft 27 spline can mate up to the Dana 30/44 1310 27 spline pinion yoke? I can make the flange, I can afford the seal. I have the yoke. Will it fit??? I'd check for myself, but my 231 is in my daily driver. This would be a fun challenge if it fits.
        God forgives, rocks don't
        -sons of thunder

Comment

I had a complete DS made with CV for my TJ for $220. If you go to a local shop, you will find better prices. it took the shop 4 hours to finish it. I went to driveline of Fresno.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
            so does thius mean that i just use the tail housing from a tj or do i have to take the shaft and all? and what about the speedo gear on an xj they are cable driven. arent they electronic on tjs
            on older xj's they are cable driven,

on the newer ones they are electronic, with the sender being gear driven, as previosly mentioned.
            An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

yo 6 speed theyll fit.

Comment

Cool, too bad I blew out my spare yoke when my 35 grenaded the other day...
                God forgives, rocks don't
                -sons of thunder

Comment

#1 rule of the Junk Yard : Anything that fits in the pocket is free!

Handy tip: Wear cargo pants!
                  An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Working...
                  X