Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTO4XN's Going with a Full traction 6"

You guys can't have all the fun welding, grinding and more grinding! So decided to do a little fabrication myself.... I pick'd up a (used) Full Traction 6" long arm kit w/shocks from a friend. When the fun starts I'll post before, during and after pics. It's all bolt on type installation, but I may have some questions one the way about the exhaust reinstallation.

thats cool. need the pics. better yet I will bring the beer.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Hit us up if you need a hand . . . I can't weld yet, but I'm pretty damn good with a grinder after spending some time hanging out over at Josh's house!!!
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Sounds like a plan! with you, me and Joe we should be ready to start the next day... after we have a :beer:
        Originally posted by womb raider 940 View Post
        thats cool. need the pics. better yet I will bring the beer.

Comment

I have all the tools. Josh said he'll by the beer, you can grind, Josh can use my mig if things don't fit right, I'll drink the beer and we can watch the wife bolt everything together when the game is on!!
          Originally posted by Schmo View Post
          Hit us up if you need a hand . . . I can't weld yet, but I'm pretty damn good with a grinder after spending some time hanging out over at Josh's house!!!

Comment

what happened with this?,
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Make sure you ditch all the bushings on the arms and install some kind of Johnny joints in it's place you will be glad you did

Comment

I think, the upper control arms (in front) that mount to the diff housing are the only thing with bushings! The other end of the uppers have j joints. Didn't know they made'em for the other end?

Comment

I was also talking about the lower arms on the frame end, those really tend to disintegrate

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    I was also talking about the lower arms on the frame end, those really tend to disintegrate
                    Agreed. Even though I've run stock rubber bushing and had good success for four years, JJ's are the way to go.
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

What would be the cure! Cut off the bushing fork and weld in JJ"s?
                      Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                      Agreed. Even though I've run stock rubber bushing and had good success for four years, JJ's are the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by INTO4XN View Post
                        What would be the cure! Cut off the bushing fork and weld in JJ"s?
                        That seems to be what lot's of guys with the RE arms have been doing after ripping up a few sets of bushings.

Last edited by Schmo; 12-10-09, 11:50 AM.
                        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                          That seems to be what lot's of guys with the RE arms have been doing after ripping up a few sets of bushings.

This is one way to go. What you don't see here is the Driver Side Upper Control Arm mount on the axle. Not sure how Joe got this to work because the UCA mount DS front is a post-type, hence the "fork end". Currie makes conversion kits for that set up though and they are reasonably priced.

Edit: I just noticed two UCAs are missing from that pic. Those would be the fronts. But like I said, Currie makes a conversion kit to JJs for the front UCAs.
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Call fulltraction they have a JJ bushing for those arms or PM flatout he converted his and did not have to many problems with it. His lift has worked great ever since

Comment

Great, Thanks for all the info, it's a big help to understand this now! The only thing I need to do is get the conversion kit!! all the other control arms have JJ's at both ends. I'll post pics this weekend of my parts so you can see what I'm working with...

Comment

Working...
                              X