Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
      Wowzers! You are serious business
      Originally posted by Roger
      Dang David, You are hard core!
      Hey, you guys realize I was just kidding about welding EVERYTHING onto the Jeep, don't you?

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
      man, that thing turned out really good looking!
      Thanks, I like it too, but I'm not sure if I like it enough to justify the downtime, but I don't regret it. Creativity has its own rewards.

I like the whole thing you got going on there, and the amount of reckless abandon in cuttin' up the jeep to get the job done- I'm speechless.
      You know, I really tried to avoid cutting stuff. I'd try bashing it with a hammer first. Then I'd cut a little here and a little there, but it wouldn't be enough. My efforts to stare the problems down also failed. Finally, an ancient saying came to my mind and kept repeating itself: "Fortune favors the bold." This was followed by one of Shakespeare's, which would come to mind whenever I began cutting: "Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!"

Really, I've got windshield/rollcage envy right now.
      Come on, I'm sure that you're windshield is more than adequate for the job. I'm not so sure about your stock rollcage--you might want to enhance or replace that. Let me know when we can unleash the dogs on your rig
      holes = cowbell

Comment

I slapped in a Rock Hard cage in my YJ, mainly a time thing, my wife does not have the patience to let me spend any serious time with the jeep. She see's the jeep as the other woman. I can't imagine I'm alone on this one, there must be others in the same boat. we should form a support group. I have spent too much scratch on the YJ, it does not fit the family. I have a WJ and when the time is right, I will unleash the dogs on that bastard. It's going to be really stupid untill it's done, and then it will be awesome. I will be needing loads of help I'm sure, because I will not be able to buy everything for it, I'm sure I will need to fab and junkyard grab and do the out of the box thinking that saves some cash.
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

She see's the jeep as the other woman. I can't imagine I'm alone on this one, there must be others in the same boat. we should form a support group.

My wife is the same way. But sometimes, when the mood is right, I get to have them both at the same time. yah....
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

my wife does not have the patience to let me spend any serious time with the jeep. She see's the jeep as the other woman. I can't imagine I'm alone on this one, there must be others in the same boat. we should form a support group.
            My wife calls her self a Jeep widow.

Nice work on the windshield frame. As someone that replaces them quite frequently I think this is a great idea.
            Check out .

Comment

Sounds like you guys need to get a girlfriend . . . then your wives might not have such an issue with the Jeep. You'd think they'd prefer to have their husband at home in the garage vs. out mingling. Or perhaps something like this might work . . . "You know honey you are right . . . I've been spending far too much time and money on the Jeep . . . from now one me and the fellas will be hanging out at the strip club instead of in the garage. How about you shut your pie hole and bring me a beer and cook me something to eat?" Yeah, I'm not married!!!
              Last edited by Schmo; 12-24-09, 11:23 AM.
              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

my wife does not have the patience to let me spend any serious time with the jeep. She see's the jeep as the other woman. I can't imagine I'm alone on this one, there must be others in the same boat.
                Originally posted by dirtman13
                My wife calls her self a Jeep widow.
                Originally posted by OU812
                My wife is the same way.
                My ex-wife was the same way. Years ago I had a sort of sleeper hotrod project on which I spent countless hours and what little money I could scrape together. I got the engine and drivetrain in, the EFI sorted out--it was running, but no longer had brakes. I never did finish that thing. I ended up giving it away to someone who cut the car's body apart and sold the rest.

At the time I regretted ever starting that project. Now I regret ever meeting my ex. Quite frankly, the claustrophobic little box of "security" that so many women want to stuff us into is no place for a man. The way I feel now is if my woman wants to spend time with me so bad, she can grab a wrench or just come out and keep me company. It's a two-way street.

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit
                I have a WJ and when the time is right, I will unleash the dogs on that bastard. It's going to be really stupid untill it's done, and then it will be awesome. I will be needing loads of help I'm sure, because I will not be able to buy everything for it, I'm sure I will need to fab and junkyard grab and do the out of the box thinking that saves some cash.
                Sounds like your best bet will be to sell the YJ and put the money into the WJ. I don't know if I'll still be in California when that happens, but if I am, hit me up.

Originally posted by dirtman13
                Nice work on the windshield frame. As someone that replaces them quite frequently I think this is a great idea.
                Thank you! You do seem to have something of a reputation on this board. It is an honor to be in the presence of a master.
                holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by schmo View Post
                  sounds like you guys need to get a girlfriend . . . Then your wives might not have such an issue with the jeep. You'd think they'd prefer to have their husband at home in the garage vs. Out mingling. Or perhaps something like this might work . . . "you know honey you are right . . . I've been spending far too much time and money on the jeep . . . From now one me and the fellas will be hanging out at the strip club instead of in the garage. How about you shut your pie hole and bring me a beer and cook me something to eat?" yeah, i'm not married!!!
                  lmao!
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

That's funny!! My wife thinks that my jeep is her remodeled kitchen.... So, I told her she could cook dinner in there if she wants, just don't make a mess...
                    Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                    My wife is the same way. But sometimes, when the mood is right, I get to have them both at the same time. yah....

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                      . . . "You know honey you are right . . . I've been spending far too much time and money on the Jeep . . . from now one me and the fellas will be hanging out at the strip club instead of in the garage. How about you shut your pie hole and bring me a beer and cook me something to eat?" ...
                      Schmo, I think this is the funniest thing I think I have ever read!!

I would try this line myself, but I can't afford alimony...
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Here's how the tie-ins worked out:

Told you those cut-outs in the lower used-to-be-hinges weren't too big--they fit perfectly!

Turns out that Jeep made the space between the passenger side floor and the dashboard exactly as high as my welding helmet is wide. Somehow I was able to stuff my fat head, both arms, my stinger, and x-large ground clamp in there and actually weld. The driver's side was not so thoughtfully designed. The idea of cutting off the three pedals and welding them back on later actually crossed my mind.

Later on I'll have to remove my rocker guards, cut windows out of the sheet metal, weld the backs of the floor plates, and weld, grind, and repaint the the sheet metal. Yep, I'm a glutton for it.
                        holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                        X