Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welding - Cool Site for Tips & Instruction

Sometimes it seems I've forgotten more than I remember when it comes to some things--like welding. I've been working on what for me is a fairly ambitious project (custom windshield frame) and haven't been 100% satisfied with my welding. I wound up on this site:

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com

There is a ton of useful, practical stuff here, and it's not dry techno-speak by any means. Just reading through his MIG welding tips, I learned a number of useful things, and was reminded of a number of key things I'd forgotten--like having the contact tip stick flush with or sticking out just slightly past the nozzle. Check it out:

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/...-articles.html
    holes = cowbell

Thanks for the site,I was just wondering about the very same thing.Not welding with a mig before had lots a questions.Thanks again
    Dennis
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Great resource.......I bookmarked that one.
      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Right on, glad you guys found it useful too!
        holes = cowbell

Comment

Hey thanks,
          This is a great site.
          I bookmarked it too.

Scott

Comment

Bookmarked

Also check out

off road fab network (Google it cant remember website)
            Head nut at Outdoorlogic
            Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
            www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

www.offroadfabnet.com

Yeah that's a good site and forum for fabricators. I'm registered there, but I've never actually posted anything... I s'pose I'll have to post my windshield frame, since it's somewhat original.
              holes = cowbell

Comment

good site!

welding is something you have to do alot and all the time to retain your skills, one thing i found handy was mocking up a weld before doing the real deal. for example if your welding upside down under your jeep, try and find two peices of similar metal compared to the parts being welded, and set them up in the same position as the jeep, do a few practice beads so you can see how the weld will lay down, and get all your setting closer to what you want.

Comment

That's a pretty good idea. I cross my fingers on both hands, then my eyes. I figure if I'm seeing double it's twice as good practice.
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                  X