Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumper build

Hey this my bumper I made. Sorry if the pic are crappy (my camera sucks) I just couldn't see myself paying like $600 or more for a bumper and tire carrier. the total amout I got into it is like $75 in parts the latch http://www.mjvail.com/destaco/destaco63.html and spindle http://www.rockstomper.com/catalog/pieces/hinge.htm well if you count the can then add anouther $30. I only hit once so far and that protected my corner I still have some cosmetic stuff to do but it's all function. the pictures are in my gallery I couldn't figure out how to post them here there are 11 of them so check it out

Last edited by JeepGal; 02-23-04, 07:51 PM.
    75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

dave, copy the [ img ] code under your pic that you uploaded and copy it in your post on the forum.
    like this:

See Dave's bumper pics at http://www.myjeeprocks.com/photopost....php?photo=690
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Dave, it's about time you post some of your awesome work on the net. If you want to borrow my dig cam for the Cherokee bumper, let me know. You definitly need to post that triumph!

Talk to you later.

I'll be free all week, so we need to get together, barring events at home.
      '78 CJ-7, 304, Scout Dana 44s w/ a Detroit in the rear, T-150 w/ Dana 20, 4" Skyjacker susp and 2" body lift, 33" MT/Rs, Warn XD8000i, and others.

'97 XJ, 4.0L, Dana 30 w/ Truetrac, Chrysler 8.25 w

Comment

OK I got now thats for the help. So tell me what you think. the pic's are in the oringal post

Comment

Dave, show me the Cherokee bumper. I know a few other guys who are looking for good Cherokee bumpers, and there don't seem to be a lot of choices out there.

Erik

Comment

Will do give a day or so to get some pic's the wife has it at work right now so I will try to take some tomarrow. It is of the fromt bumper I'm still working on some ideas for the rear.

Comment

Sweet Dave. Did you include a winch mount?? It doesn't stick way out like other bumpers does it??

Erik

Comment

That is exactly what I want for my CJ.We are planning the design right now.My dad has a bumper similar to that on his TJ, they are tough if you make some extra suports to the frame.He layed the jeep down in the V-notch and it hit the bumper.Just put a scratch on it.No damage to the body.Great design man, I hope mine comes out as nice as your has.

Comment

Hey here is the bumper I made for my wifes XJ I kinda molded off how the "four real" one looks like. I didn't make it with a winch mount but could easly do. Her's is for light duty four wheeling. Sorry for the Crappy pic's I have to do a better write up and get some better pic's.

Comment

Dave,

I'll try to remember to bring my camera so you'll have a choice of photos to use when you do your writeup.

JC
                    '78 CJ-7, 304, Scout Dana 44s w/ a Detroit in the rear, T-150 w/ Dana 20, 4" Skyjacker susp and 2" body lift, 33" MT/Rs, Warn XD8000i, and others.

'97 XJ, 4.0L, Dana 30 w/ Truetrac, Chrysler 8.25 w

Comment

Nice work!! How does it hold up on the trail? Any Rattles?

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

The only rattle I got is from the fuel can and I got a fix for that just have to get around to it. other that that it's rock solid. (been tested on a rock )

Comment

Hey Dave, how much did it cost to do the cherokee bumper. I've been looking for a pre runner style bumper for mine but i cant belive the prices. Un fortunately i would have to find someone around here (sacramento) to help me build one but i would think it would be worth it. Thanks, Brett
                          B R E T T
                          87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Nice looking bumpers... keep coming up with the new ideas.
                            Erik

I fix things.

Comment

hey Brett, belive it or not I only got like $25 in it and about 10 hrs I couldn't bring my self to pay the $600 bucks either. Why buy it when you can build it!

Comment

Working...
                              X