Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeepwright
    replied
    Hey the bumper looks awesome! Did you bend the tube/pipe yourself? If so, how did you? I'm in the same boat, I don't want to pay $500-$600 for something which I can fab myself for under $100. How's the weather at NTC??? Been there more than enough!!!

Leave a comment:

• tonkadave
    replied
    I will do a write up soon like a few days I'll get you all the measurments and stuff. as for materials I used like 10 ft of 1 1/2in., 3 ft of 2in., and 4ft of 5/8in. 3ft of 3/16x6in flat stock. But I'll get a write up done soon.

Leave a comment:

• AriZonaTJ
    replied
    Sweet! I would agree that building it is better than buying it. maybe its because of the "you know how you did it factor"
    I too am intersted in the setup you used and type of welder. Thanks
    - Adam

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    WOW awesome price.

What size tubing did you use and where did you get it for se cheap? Also what kind of welder mig arc? Could you send me some details ie a bunch of pics if (if its not a hassle) and what lengths of pipe and as much as you think i would need to build one of these with some help by someone who can weld to jeepjunkie1985@yahoo.com it would be greatly appriciated

Leave a comment:

• tonkadave
    replied
    hey Brett, belive it or not I only got like $25 in it and about 10 hrs I couldn't bring my self to pay the $600 bucks either. Why buy it when you can build it!

Leave a comment:

• TrAvELAr
    replied
    Nice looking bumpers... keep coming up with the new ideas.

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    Hey Dave, how much did it cost to do the cherokee bumper. I've been looking for a pre runner style bumper for mine but i cant belive the prices. Un fortunately i would have to find someone around here (sacramento) to help me build one but i would think it would be worth it. Thanks, Brett

Leave a comment:

• tonkadave
    replied
    The only rattle I got is from the fuel can and I got a fix for that just have to get around to it. other that that it's rock solid. (been tested on a rock )

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Nice work!! How does it hold up on the trail? Any Rattles?

Leave a comment:

• jccj7
    replied
    Dave,

I'll try to remember to bring my camera so you'll have a choice of photos to use when you do your writeup.

JC

Leave a comment:

• tonkadave
    replied
    Hey here is the bumper I made for my wifes XJ I kinda molded off how the "four real" one looks like. I didn't make it with a winch mount but could easly do. Her's is for light duty four wheeling. Sorry for the Crappy pic's I have to do a better write up and get some better pic's.

Leave a comment:

• Sully
    replied
    That is exactly what I want for my CJ.We are planning the design right now.My dad has a bumper similar to that on his TJ, they are tough if you make some extra suports to the frame.He layed the jeep down in the V-notch and it hit the bumper.Just put a scratch on it.No damage to the body.Great design man, I hope mine comes out as nice as your has.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Sweet Dave. Did you include a winch mount?? It doesn't stick way out like other bumpers does it??

Erik

Leave a comment:

• tonkadave
    replied
    Will do give a day or so to get some pic's the wife has it at work right now so I will try to take some tomarrow. It is of the fromt bumper I'm still working on some ideas for the rear.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Dave, show me the Cherokee bumper. I know a few other guys who are looking for good Cherokee bumpers, and there don't seem to be a lot of choices out there.

Erik

Leave a comment:

Working...
X