Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been there done that with a rockstomper spindle. this time i rosette welded a sleeve to the spindle then sunk the sleeved spindle into the bumper and welded it up at the sleeve, not the spindle. all the while keeping a cool rag on the spindle to keep heat down to a minimum. i am also adding two tabs near the top of the carrier and at the tailgate with a latch pin to help dampen vibrations... i agree that a double sheer is better but ive done it the best i can in way of a trailer spindle w/o a double sheer...
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

On mine I used a sleeved spindle. Welded the sleeve in the bumper and locked the spindle in the sleeve with a bolt, It has been hanging on the back of my Jeep for 2 years with just about weekly trail rides, still doing good. This is the place I got the spindle from
      http://www.comp4x4.com/fabricator_parts.html

I chucked the small roll pin to lock the spindle in the sleeve drilled a hole in the sleeve, partially cross drilled the spindle near the bottom tapped it and locked it with a 5/16 bolt has never came loose or given me any trouble

Comment

Working...
      X