Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Turd Polish - 2.5L YJ

Got a 95 YJ in August of 2006. I didnt know much about Jeeps, but since then Ive learned a few things and have done a good amount of upgrades.

Here's what it looked like when I brought it home...

Fast forward to this past weekend, and this is what we worked on...

Headed over to the BS Fab house for some cage work

Chopped the stock rear bars

Bent some tube

Painted it black but I forgot to take pics of it. I went in thinking about keeping the rear factory bars, adding one across, and two spreader bars. Fortunately Jimmy managed to convince me and we ended up going with this design, which we think came out pretty Bad ass.

A big thanks to the BS Fab crew for all the hard work, I couldn't be happier with the cage.

I'll fill in the gaps in the build thread when I get a chance.
    95 YJ
    2.5L Low Output, 4.5" RE, 35" KM2's, D30 Aussie, 8.8, TeraLow 4:1, Outdoor Logic custom fab - Cage, Tube fenders, Sliders, and more.

that is the coolest front yard ever!

Comment

WOW I didn't think a YJ could get more Gay dude you had spinners hahahahahahahaha. That thing turned out sweet! Now stop spending money on all that stuff and get a real Motor.
      Head nut at Outdoorlogic
      Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
      www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

That's a lot of jeep in the yard...

Nice bends/welds Jimmy! Looking good... pretty soon BS Fab will have to change the motto from "Cause Close Is Good Enough..." to "No Bullshitin' Anymore..."

Johnson, you just watching in amazement, or you trying to learn a thing or two from Jimmy on that bender?
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
          That's a lot of jeep in the yard...

Nice bends/welds Jimmy! Looking good... pretty soon BS Fab will have to change the motto from "Cause Close Is Good Enough..." to "No Bullshitin' Anymore..."

Johnson, you just watching in amazement, or you trying to learn a thing or two from Jimmy on that bender?
          haha i love that new slogan!

You know what, i have no doubt Johnson was the one directing Jimmy
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Johnson's horizontal vision allows for perfect bends every time no level needed.
            Head nut at Outdoorlogic
            Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
            www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

89 Comanche - BS Fab Backburner
              87 RX-7 Turbo - Auto-x / Track Machine

Comment

Project turd polish got some TJ speaker pods this past weekend.

Probably takes away from the looks of the cage, but it sounds 10x better than the crappy pods I had behind my front seats. Wired the speakers and lights through the inside of the cage, came out pretty cool I think.

95 YJ
                2.5L Low Output, 4.5" RE, 35" KM2's, D30 Aussie, 8.8, TeraLow 4:1, Outdoor Logic custom fab - Cage, Tube fenders, Sliders, and more.

Comment

Looks good. I dont think it takes away from the cage.
                  Those left standing
                  Will make millions
                  Writing books on ways
                  It should have been
                  -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Nice work Sebastian looks really clean man. I thought i was anal with wiring...
                    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

thats wicked.

Nice driveway man. I am freaking way jealous.
                      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Haha, thanks, probably a little overkill with the wiring, I really hate seeing wires all over the place.

I've been building a box for an 8" sub to go under the pass. seat, and im putting in 2 amps under the driver seat. Wiring all that is gonna suck, never done it before. :dunno:

95 YJ

Comment

Thats nothin. Come on over and we'll wire it up if youd like. Ive done a ton of stereo/amp/sub installs.

Did you use an enclosure calculator to build your box? What subs and amp are you running?

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

That would be awesome, I think I can figure it out, but I would hate to do something wrong and screw up the amps or sub.

Here's what it got...

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P4000UB

8" Sub
                            Kicker CompVT 08CVT84

Sub Amp:
                            Kicker ZX400.1

Speaker Amp: Apline MRP-F250

Speakers: Polk db521

I did use a sub box calculator. Sub calls for .4 cu.ft. box. Mine is a little bit bigger. I'm leaving a 1.5" to 2" gap on the bottom and downfiring the sub. I have pretty much everything ready, just waiting for my power wiring kit to get here next week, and that should give me enough time to finish the box.
                            95 YJ

Comment

Should have known you got all the technicalities down

Sweet well let me know when your coming over and ill try to make sure to be there hahah.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X