Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum crusher corners

I want to make want to make some Aluminum crusher corners for my Jeep does any one know what the radius is of the rear corner of a TJ, it looks like its about 6"

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
    I want to make want to make some Aluminum crusher corners for my Jeep does any one know what the radius is of the rear corner of a TJ, it looks like its about 6"
    I think you're right Art. Sam15 is selling some PSC comp corners over in Jeep parts for sale, maybe ask him to do a little measuring for ya?
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Aluminum art? Had to post so I could follow this one.
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Will have to do some calling around for prices called a local steel place and they wanted 330 bucks for a sheet of 3/16 thick 6061 aluminum big enough to make both sides still better than close to 600 from genright though

Comment

Will have to do some calling around for prices called a local steel place and they wanted 330 bucks for a sheet of 3/16 thick 6061 aluminum big enough to make both sides still better than close to 600 from genright though
          How do you bend aluminum though? Without cracking or breaking it that is. Perhaps I'm not thinking clearly... my damn back hurts from yesterday!

Comment

I'm pretty sure the corner is 6.5" Take some paper and draw a circe, the diameter you think it is, then cut to see if it fits the corner of the jeep.

Also, as nick said, how do you plan on bending the aluminum? Please post your progress.
            [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Art,
              I'll call my metal guy tomorrow and see what he'll charge me for the aluminum.
              Edit: I have a half sheet (2x4) of aluminum diamond decking that you can have if nothing else pans out. It's not 6061 though...

Comment

Something is always better than nothing
                Thanks Kurt, if you ever need a hand wrenching let me know

Comment

Hey Art, another question, are you planning on doing FULL sides or 1/4 panels? Can you get two full sides from the $330 piece of material?

Comment

'es not 6061... it's 5150... :devil:
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Yup 330 bucks buys enough material to do both sides.
                      Still have to shop around to see if I can beat that price. Might take Kurt up on his offer to see if I can lame just the corners out of the material he has .
                      Will be fun to radius the stuff. Thinking of buying a piece of pipe of the right diameter and then bending it in a press

Comment

no word from my metal guy today, but I could'nt call him. Too busy here in Portland. I'll check again tomorrow.

Comment

heck al is so light make it 1/4 thick! it would be sweet!!!
                          starvin student...

Comment

Go to GEN RIGHT, you cant beat em...ANd they work...Call Tony..

Comment

They do work but are a bit pricey

Comment

Working...
                              X