Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New skid and 2 inches more clearance

Made me a new transfer case skid today. Grabbed some scrap plate from the scrap heap and went to town.

Yep! That's it, all done.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

that's cool.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

cmon! you bought that.lol more pics please other side.I need some ideas.

Comment

There's more to this than just that skid, but I'm lazy posting pictures. I also made a transmission mount bracket that's 2 inches thinner than the stock one. Made a new transfer case shifter to clear the floor board so I could shove the transmission/transfer case further up. I think I can get the next skid plate completely flat with a few more mods to the floorboard and the engine mounts. I'll post some more pics in a bit...

OK here's the start

Tranny mount bracket, Stock on the right, mine on the left
        Last edited by RAT; 09-20-08, 05:01 PM.

Comment

nice work!!

Comment

Looks good Kurt, you might want to add a good cross brace other than that great job. You should be able to go just to a 1" drop, flat might make for a pretty steep driveline angle even with a cv shaft. I did a lot of tinkering with the trans and engine mount to help the driveline angle with just a 1" drop.
            Great fab skill though very clean job

Comment

Nice work Kurt, looks like a sweet final product.
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Funny, I did one this weekend, not as pretty though. Still working on it. How did you line up the tran mount holes, having a horrible time with mine.

Comment

Dude . . . you guys ROCK I gots to get me some skills and some tools one of these days! Nice work.
                  That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Can't WAIT to get home to read this. Photos wont come up on this puter.

I need to do something, my oil pan and tranny skid are getting beat to smitherines!
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey rat patrol do you have a 1" body lift. btw awesome fab work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                        Hey rat patrol do you have a 1" body lift. btw awesome fab work.
                        I'm trying to avoid it, but it may come to that if the dimensions don't work out. I can tuck all but two inches of driveline between the rails without a body lift. The other option is major sheetmetal work on the floorboard. It's either that, or 37s baby!

Comment

I love my 1 inch body lift and 1" mml. I think I could get all but 1 inch of the trans skid up ther like aw12345 did.

Comment

What is this custom skid plate month? I just finished mine. Kurt, that looks really good nice work.
                            Check out .

Comment

a 2" drop will work fine mine cleared the 6 speed trans that way ( I had a 1" spacer between the frame and skidplate). Once I did a body lift to clear the tank skid I removed the spacers and stuffet it all up where it belongs. You could try but mostlikely will have to perform some surgery with a big hammer on the trans tunnel. MIne has 17" of belly clearance on 32's and a 3.5" RE lift

Comment

Working...
                              X