Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the stretching(suspension)might just happen before that tank gets mounted. I just have to plan it thru. I wanna stretch the front as well eventually.
    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

are you just going to sleeve and extend your existing controll arms? or make new ones?
      starvin student...

Comment

Originally posted by sahara0207 View Post
        are you just going to sleeve and extend your existing controll arms? or make new ones?
        to be honest I am on a budget so was looking at a building my own. You can buy all the parts, you just have to measure cut and weld together.

I could lengthen what I have but I wouldn't get a good size wheelbase out of it I dont think
        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

when i say sleeve i meen cut yours in half then sleeve it and weld together. you can add how ever much you want. it would cut down on cost and plus then your would be able to re use ends and all
          starvin student...

Comment

when i say sleeve i meen cut yours in half then sleeve it and weld together. you can add how ever much you want. it would cut down on cost and plus then your would be able to re use ends and all

yeah I understand but the arms I have currently are lower boxed in. and upper jks
            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
              yeah I understand but the arms I have currently are lower boxed in. and upper jks
              i got ya.
              starvin student...

Comment

well got all the lines together. just need to finish and start the jeep.

I went out the easy way and just mounted to the bed.

I figured I can go about 2 inches back with extending the rear arms. and remount the track bar mount. then I got to figure out something for the front. also lengthen the sway bar. dunno if it will work but will try it.
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

So how'd you end up mounting/securing it? Have you built the box for it yet?
                  That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

naw just gonna build a cover and be done with it
                    Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                      well got all the lines together. just need to finish and start the jeep.

I went out the easy way and just mounted to the bed.

I figured I can go about 2 inches back with extending the rear arms. and remount the track bar mount. then I got to figure out something for the front. also lengthen the sway bar. dunno if it will work but will try it.
                      Since you are allready in there you should get rid of the track bar and fourlink it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                        Since you are allready in there you should get rid of the track bar and fourlink it.
                        you mean triangulate it?
                        starvin student...

Comment

you mean triangulate it?
                          yea what he said lol

Comment

cut away

mount stock skid

cover

then party
                            starvin student...

Comment

yeah I got those same pics. I think he used a plasma cutter for all that. I dont have that. Just a bucket full of cut off wheels and sawzall blades.

Nice what he did. Is alot of work I need a shop. Doing this at my apartments people dont like it. Dunno why.
                              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

So what's the status report Josh? Did you decide to go the same route as Sahara0207 or are you leaving the tub intact and just chucking it in the back?
                                That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                                X