Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My front plate is under the carpet in my rig. I have spare zip ties with it. I've yet to ever have an issue with the cops, but should i ever be questioned about it i'll just pull it out from under the carpet and zip tie it up.

Had a buddy who got pulled over for rolling through a stop sign in his Jeep a year ago and the cop gave him a fix-it ticket for not having a front license plate in addition to the ticket for running the stop sign. He reached in the back and pulled out his front plate and told the cop he'd zip tie it up right then and there....

Kind of funny, the cop went ahead and signed the fix it ticket as "fixed", why he didn't just toss the ticket.....i don't know. My buddy still got the ticket for running the stop sign though.

Anyhow, that's why i keep mine where i keep it.
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
    AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
    15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
    33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
    FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
    Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
    RE Hand Throttle
    Optima Red Top
    K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
      i still think my way is the best. i havent had a front plate on 3 of my 4 vehicles since i had them no problems with the law.
      Erick,

Stay away from Anaheim and San Diego - front plates are on the hot list in both places the last couple of months.
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

i should probably find a way to get it on there now that i have a "cool guy" license plate .
        i like to to think i paid my dues with police dealings in my earlier years in FULL
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

To be honest, I never ran a plate either on the front, from the mid 70's on. When I built the front bumper for the YJ, I welded in a Class III receiver, and built a plate that plugs into that.
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY
          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I can't believe that nobody suggested the obvious answer. Weld it on.
            I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBeJeeping
              I can't believe that nobody suggested the obvious answer. Weld it on.
              its aluminum, and the bumper is steel
              ERIK

Comment

You say that like it's a problem.

Comment

honestly.. i would never concider welding the license plate to the jeep.drill a hole and tap it if anything... zip ties, bailing wire, duct tape, bubble gum , i think the idea is to be able to remove it for the trail so it doesnt get ripped across the rocks, nor block the winch....
                  maybe its just me.
                  i never really see a use for it in the front anyway. hell... half of the states in the country only give you one plate
                  :yay:
                  ERIK

Comment

Yeah, you're right on that only one thing. My Jeep is registered in one of those states. No front plate, no smog, $22 a year for the tag... ahh the good life.
                    Course I've been pulled over a few times in the 5 years I've been in CA for not having a front plate too.

Comment

Originally posted by PondScum
                      Kind of funny, the cop went ahead and signed the fix it ticket as "fixed", why he didn't just toss the ticket.....i don't know. My buddy still got the ticket for running the stop sign though.

Anyhow, that's why i keep mine where i keep it.
                      Cause the tickets are numbered and there's lots of paperwork if you can't esplain a missing one. Lots of cops and departments don't care about that, but if you got a particularly mean Sarge or Chief he'll wanna account for every ticket. So, do your butt kissing before he starts writing or your chances of getting out of it get slimmer.
                      I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                      1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

http://www.toughstuffproducts.com/jeep/EZ_flip.html
                        I am Savvy.

Comment

my mom had one of those hitch propllers and someone ripped the prop off so we were left with the hitch piece so i rigged my lisence plate to it with some zipties and jammed it into my front receiver...its only a little crooked. lol oh well it works
                          B R E T T
                          87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

There's a good reason to get a winch!!
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                              There's a good reason to get a winch!!

I saw someone used MagLite mounting clips and screwed em onto their plate, and the clips were the right size to fit over the roller fairlead. it was kinda cool
                              B R E T T
                              87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

FRONT LICENSE PLATE!

We don't NEED no front STINKIN license plate here in Indiana.

Get an aftermarket license plate frame or go to Jeep and get an OEM style one. Just make it easily removable so as to prevent theft or destroying it while off the asphalt.
                                It's a Jeep thing, my wife doesn't understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X