Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeeper89
    replied
    i have the ez-flip lisence plate bracket that is made by tuff stuff. it works pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• Navy-Jeepster
    replied
    I have mine held on with zip ties through the roller fairlead. The bottom of the plate if form fit to the Rock-itman bumper from wheeling.

A guy I work with, made a mount out of aluminum and it is bolted to the jeep at the roller fairlead bolts. The front edge has a piano hinge so he can flip it up out of the way when he needs his winch.

Navy-Jeepster

Leave a comment:

• Black & Tan TJ
    replied
    My new bumper didn't come with bolt holes, just this square opening.

OK, this works.

I just fab a couple of L brackets w/5/8" holes for the pin.

B&T TJ

Leave a comment:

• randomjeeper
    replied
    another vote for zip ties !

Leave a comment:

• ylwrnglr01
    replied
    i tried running no ffron t plate in NY, i literally broke the one in half on a rock on a sunday. monday morning at 738AM i was written a ticket for not having a front plate...i was like the DMV doesnt open tioll 830...too bad so nowi had some extra yellow electrical wire, so it matches the color and i wired up to the front of the grille..works great at blinding people when the sun hits it right as well

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    I never ran a front plate until I started working on the Sheriff's 9-1-1 center in San Diego. The Captain clued me in that photo ticketing "was coming", so I added provisions for a front plate.

Leave a comment:

• blackZZR
    replied
    I run permenant handycap plates so the issue is theft. It amazes me that someone would take the risk of being caught with a stolen plate just to get a parking spot.

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    Could be - or maybe they just set the plate down and forgot about it. I'm real careful with mine, as I still have the blue/yellow CA plate with my callsign on it. Been on about a half dozen vehicles - front plate is pretty trashed - but DMV will give me a white plate if I order a replacement.

Leave a comment:

• blackZZR
    replied
    I think maybe they were not using either the correct size or not secureing them enough. the thing about the pipe straps is after you snap it on you have a set of holes where the bolts used to go behind the rollers and out of sight, pop a zip tie thru these and it will hold the plate tight. if you need to use the winch, 2 quick cuts and the palte is free.
    I thought about the mag light trick but no way to secure the clamps but spring tension was why I used the pipe clamps

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    Fairly common trick is to pick up a set of Maglite "clips" from Home Depot - then snap the plate to the roller fairlead.

The _real_ trick is to remember to throw the plate into the jeep when you use the winch - we find about 2-3 of these "quick disconnect" plates in the Forest every year

Mine's on a chunk of square tubing, held by a 1/2" pinch bolt - I built a receiver into the front bumper.

Leave a comment:

• blackZZR
    replied
    I know I might be pulling a thread up from the past, but I had a idea that took all of 5 minutes and cost less than 5 dollars. but ya need a winch.

in the electrical trade they have pipe straps that are called either Minis or pipe stand off straps, they clamp to the pipe using a bolt
    anyway you measure center to center of the fairlead, drill the plate use the bolts and nuts to bolt the plate to the straps snap on to the fairlead. cha ching, now I got mine free from work but they probly could be purchased from Home Despot for around 3 bucks.
    Last edited by blackZZR; 07-19-05, 01:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• EvilPsych
    replied
    i just moved to a state that didnt require one. FIXED!

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by seapahn
    How about doing it like I did?
    ROFL!! I forgot about that pic.

<--- going outside to smash hers up LOL

Leave a comment:

• seapahn
    replied

How about doing it like I did?

Leave a comment:

• Venomized
    replied
    FRONT LICENSE PLATE!

We don't NEED no front STINKIN license plate here in Indiana.

Get an aftermarket license plate frame or go to Jeep and get an OEM style one. Just make it easily removable so as to prevent theft or destroying it while off the asphalt.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X