Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricks to display front license plate?

Anyone have any tricks or ideas on displaying your front license plate? We thought about putting a couple of tabs on the front bumper or maybe a bracket ... before we go and do that I was just wondering what anyone else has done. I'd like to keep it looking simple and clean like it is. (It's an aftermarket bumper without any holes.)
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

I drilled some holes in my front bumper

Comment

Duct tape?
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

This might sound a little silly, but what the heck. Super glu or an epoxy?
        1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
        Glad to be back in California!

Comment

How redneck do you want to get?

Well there are many ways to go about affixing the front plate to your jeep. The real question is how redneck do you want to get? You can get all uppity and citified and drill your bumper and make it look like a stock mount. Or you can go and make yourslef a bracket- here you have some options from nearly hidden/stock appearing to big overly clunky angle iron (getting into redneck territory now ). There's epoxy which is temporary for this application, or the redneck approved temporary fix: Duct tape . Then there is my personal favorite hick method- twist-tie it onto the grill
          It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
          and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

FIRST, you grab an 8D nail from your box of nails then you get a 28 oz hammer. while you are in the garage getting these things... take the hammmer and nail up to the wall. put the point of the nail up to the wall, and swing the hammer with great force toward the head of the nail. be careful here... if you miss on this action, it is going to hurt
            once you have the nail started in the wall, you can put the hammer away.. get the front license plate, and hang it on your newly made liscense plate mount
            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

AWESOME suggestion Erik!

Mines in my jeep.
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

If you have a roller fairlead, I have always thought the trick of bolting Mag-Lite flashlight mounting brackets to the back of the license plate was a particularly clever idea. You just push the clips onto the roller fairlead to get a nice fit. Only there when you need it, but not particularly permanent (read theft-resistant)

Complete write-up and pics here

Of course, this inexpensive fix means you might have to get one of those fancy $800 Warn licenseplate mounting devices.
                Last edited by jmbrowning; 12-27-03, 05:23 PM.
                Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Re: Tricks to display front license plate?

Originally posted by sarah
                  I'd like to keep it looking simple and clean like it is.
                  i really dig the $800 warn mount!!! ROFL!
                  i love the hick ideas but i just don't think it will look right with my hoitey-toitey bumper ... LOL
                  maybe i can just keep in in the jeep like tam and play the "i was getting around to it" thing if it ever comes to that.
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

one or two of those magnetic strips? :confused: it'll stick to the bumper, and to the license plate

zip-tie it to the grille

kirk-style: bungee it to your sunvisor so it's visible from the outside

Comment

I like zip-ties. I was going to say the mag light holders (which is a good idea) but JM already posted that.
                      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Drill 2 holes and tap them. Put bolts to hold. Takes maybe 10 minutes.
                        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                          Drill 2 holes and tap them. Put bolts to hold. Takes maybe 10 minutes.
                          Too easy! But the best way.
                          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

i still think my way is the best. i havent had a front plate on 3 of my 4 vehicles since i had them no problems with the law.
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I might be showing my age here, But there is the old fashioned swivel mount, Bailing wire, proven to work for anything.. LOL LOL But i thing that is the yesteryear redneck way...
                              04TJ, 4.0 5spd
                              4" rough country springs
                              Nth degree arms upper and lower
                              1" Currie MML/BL
                              Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
                              33"BFG MT's
                              Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Working...
                              X