Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My rear axle is off center...?

So my rear axle is off center in my TJ. And it's not just my eyes, the passenger side tire sits out about an inch farther than the driver side. And you can look underneath and see it as well by lining up shock mounts with the frame rails on each side. It's def sitting farther to the passenger side. Why? I dont know where to start looking or what to consider to fix it.

I can get pics if anyone needs.
    Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

you could start by getting a extended trackbar bracket from a company like RE. most likely your front axle is offset to the other side. then you'd want adjustable trackbars.

it's possible, if it wasn't like that before, something is bent or your ripping the trackbar bracket off the axle. I doubt that though.

one quick fix is to put about 250 lbs in the back seat, that should help a little.
    Last edited by blkTJ; 08-04-07, 07:35 PM.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

If you lift your rear end, without adjusting the trac bar. It will cause the rear end to pull toward the passenger side.
      As your rear suspension begins to sag......... The trac bar will push the rear end over toward the driver side. It can be adjusted if you have an adjustable trac bar.
      offroadwerkz.com
      (805) 642-8400 or 477-9977

Comment

I don't know if it was like that before. I just noticed it now... I'm not hard on things, haven't even had the TJ wheelin cept some trail riding which might as well just been crappy dirt roads lol. Tis my daily driver right now so I dont wana run into problems with it out wheelin...

I found some sites that have the re-locater brackets but they say 3" plus lift on all of them... will a 3" bracket work for a 2" lift?
        Last edited by crawlin92; 08-05-07, 01:05 AM.
        Yellow 01 Sport

Comment

Hate to say this but.....Only if you have an adjustable trac bar.

Brett
          offroadwerkz.com

Comment

i have a relocator bracket on the rear axle of my 2.5" lift, with the stock track bar installed. my rear axle is right where it needs to be and have not (so far) had any geometry problems with the rear of the vehicle.

Try ARB (they make Old Man Emu lifts), I believe you can get only the track bar relocator bracket as its own part.

the bracket for a 2.5" lift might be slightly bigger than you need if you've only got a true 2" of lift, but it's better than none if you can't find a different one and don't want to pay for an adjustable. I would definitely deal with this geometry problem, especialy since your jeep is a DD.

EDIT: I am also aware that a track bar relocator bracket can dent the body tub at full flex of the rear suspension, so I would also get a 1" bump stop extension to prevent this.
            03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

This is a little off subject. I see you're planning on 488's with 32 inch tires in the future. You will be disappointed. Those gears will be too low for
              32's, espesially on a daily driver.
              I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by fun4wheelerguy View Post
                Hate to say this but.....Only if you have an adjustable trac bar.

Brett
                I must disagree. I, like mike, had just over 2" of lift a one point and used a bracket with the stock trackbar. just sayin.
                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by Paul B View Post
                  This is a little off subject. I see you're planning on 488's with 32 inch tires in the future. You will be disappointed. Those gears will be too low for
                  32's, espesially on a daily driver.
                  yeah I know. by that time it wont be a daily driver but right now it is. Plus I wanted to make sure I could tow snowmobiles if needed.
                  Yellow 01 Sport

Comment

I just want to clarify a statement from the earlier question.
                    Crawlin92 Asked if a 3 inch relocation bracket will work for a 2" lift ?
                    My answer is you can install it with the stock trac bar but you will have an adjustment issue with the differential moved over too far to the other side. It all has to do with the geometry of the suspension. That is why I am recommending an adjustable trac bar. Sorry if that was misunderstood.
                    I am a Master Auto Technician with alomost 30 years of experience. Of course I do not know everything there is to know......... I am just trying to help all 4 wheelers with thier questions.

Brett
                    offroadwerkz.com

Comment

Working...
                    X