Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm driving to Ventura to pick up my new motor today (Friday 20th). Dropping off the jeep on Saturday 21st to start removal of old motor on Sunday (22nd). Howell injection will arrive next week and when it's here we will complete the install the following Sunday (29th).

Thanks again to Brett @ OFF ROAD WERKZ in Ventura for all of his help and deals on my motor, injection, radiator, and assorted parts.

Soon to be wheeling

Mitch

Comment

Motor install is complete! We ran the new motor with the original carb setup while still waiting for the Howell fuel injection. Hopefully the Howell will be here this week. The "Jasper 4.2" rebuilt was clean and nice with a 3yr/75,000 warranty. The motor started right up and sounds good. A few hicups that I'll list later.

Comment

It always takes longer when you want it now! My luck is that the 88' 4.2 has more smog crap (pulse air system, vac lines, sensors, and the dreaded carb) than any other year. I will post pictures when we are done, which looks like another weekend. My local mechanic works Mon - Sat at a REAL job, then wrenches on Sundays. The fuel injection is a 2 day job if done correctly on a 1988 Wrangler. Ah... so close!

Comment

Working...
        X