Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Borregowrangler View Post
    2 low kit? Keeps the [COLOR="Red"]transfer case[/COLOR] in low while in 2wd?
    Corrected it for you! It's a cheap kit you add to your transfer case. I'm thinking about doing it as well.
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
      Corrected it for you! It's a cheap kit you add to your transfer case. I'm thinking about doing it as well.
      Without a 2 LO kit Moab sucks !!

Hauling the steering around on the slick rock is a PITA. 2 LO solves that prob.
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
        Sooooo...your going to tackle Sidewinder, aren't you?
        Yeah, I was up there on Sat. Turned around before I got in over my head. From the looks of some earlier post, bronco peak may be easier.

Comment

2 low kit? Keeps the rear diff in low while in 2wd?
          2 low kit adds a shifting point to the transfer case, so if you are in 4 low, you can pop into 2 low, and back with just a pull on the shifting lever. you will still be in low range but the front axle is not engaged.
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
            2 low kit adds a shifting point to the transfer case, so if you are in 4 low, you can pop into 2 low, and back with just a pull on the shifting lever. you will still be in low range but the front axle is not engaged.
            That is too cool. Something I'll seriously consider getting. Thanks!

Sidewinder

Comment

Sidewinder
              the actual part is cheap, it is the fact they have to pull the t case, so if you are going have any t case work at all, have it done, if you are going to have a slip Joint eleimination kit put in, do it then as it would probly nost nada as they are going to have the t case dismantled anyway.
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Sidewinder
                Great poser pic.
                Yup, my next investment is a winch. If going down from Bronco Peak had an uphill climb in it as bad the downhill was, I would have been very stuck.
                Looking back at it, it was a good run.
                However, with my 3'' lift and 33''s, I slid over the transfer skid and both rockers and even rubbed the fender pretty good on both sides. And like you, still learning all I can about lockers to pick what I want to do that won't cause me get a second mortgage for axel upgrades and other problems from a bad selection. Of course trying to raise the funds too.
                "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
                  Great poser pic.
                  Yup, my next investment is a winch. If going down from Bronco Peak had an uphill climb in it as bad the downhill was, I would have been very stuck.
                  Looking back at it, it was a good run.
                  However, with my 3'' lift and 33''s, I slid over the transfer skid and both rockers and even rubbed the fender pretty good on both sides. And like you, still learning all I can about lockers to pick what I want to do that won't cause me get a second mortgage for axel upgrades and other problems from a bad selection. Of course trying to raise the funds too.
                  Thanks. Yeah, i hear ya! I'm running 30's right now, so after bigger rubbers it'll be winch, then lockers. Either the Warn powerplant or XD9000 winch and then the onborad air.

Comment

Sidewinder
                    A cheap way for us YJ owners to have 2 low is to buy a 4x4 posi lok front axle engager. This cable device replaces the factory vacuum assist engager. You now have the ability to put your transfer case in low range and leave your front axle disengaged when necessary.
                    Here is the link to their web site http://www.4x4posi-lok.com/
                    :wink:

Comment

those posi loks are good if you have the disconnecting front axles, but once you put in a locker, or go to a stronger 1-pc axle, you gotta play with the t-case. The terra low kit has an optional 2-low kit that you can add, and it sounds really good. I have found that 4.88's are not quite slow enough for me, so I am thinking alot about the terra kit.
                      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                      X