Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nasty vibrations, PLEASE HELP!?!?

when i am accelerating or when i am at about 50+ mph i get a pretty nasty vibration. it seems to back off tho when i slow down or let off the gas. it came on pretty quick it seems like, i just noticed it all of a sudden. (im running 35's onroad, 33's offroad, stock 3.07 gears, i have some kind of a tcase drop kit, SYE, although there is no cv joint on the rear drive line...) could that be the problem? its been running fine for the last 4 or 5 months of driving it since the sye / driveline (again without the CV joint) install, until now. i have a jeep run id like to make this weekend if this is a easy fix, (u-joints etc.) thank you!!!

bad u joint or out of balance driveshaft. really sounds like a screwed up CV ball but since you don't have one, well... it can't be that.

get under the Jeep and try to move your driveshaft around. if there's play in any of the joints, you found it.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

no play in the joints, i tried that just forgot to mention it, tranny has fluid too.

Comment

the other possibility is that your control arm bushings have worn, screwing up your pinion angle.

how is your pinion angle? straight on to the shaft or an equal opposite angle to the tcase output?
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

neither, is off, i think pretty bad too. whoever had the jeep before me cut the rear lower control arm mounts and moved them. (its still a short arm kit) im going to take it to the driveline shop tomorrow and see what he says about it. i dont think i know enough yet to do this one myself. as much as id like to or cant really afford to take it in, im going to have to...

Comment

sorry, i meant to say " neither, its off"

Comment

try the driveshaft again with no tension on it.
              in neutral on flat surface.
              often times if it is in gear or park with tension on it, there will be little to no movement though the joint is bad.
              good luck,.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

well, u guys pretty much talked me into just taking the rear driveshaft out without saying just that. i figured id work by process of elimination starting there, so i drove it in 2 wd (front) and no vibration, looked at the caps on the joints and called my buddy asking him, "is it BAD if my u-joint is dry, the cap busted up, and no needle bearings?!" haha. so i bought a couple new joints, and a trail replacement. and i took my DS to the local shop and he said everything else should be in the clear. thanks for the help!!! ill most likely need it again soon.

Comment

Working...
                X