Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driveshaft blues....

Quick question about my rear driveshaft. Its aftermarket, not a TW's shaft and not really sure what company its from either, but the CV joint came apart and I'm having not so much fun figuring out what parts it takes to fix it. According to NAPA, the rebuild kit is 45 bucks, but thats for the stock rear shaft supposedly..which does not have this joint in it. Anyone have any ideas as to what parts it might take or if its the same as the front is?

I thought my 13 - 14 mpg was bad.......front wheel drive is really bad, going from filling up every 2 days to everyday and at 3.14 a gallon over here, its killing me. Thanks for any help on this.
    04 Rubicon
    4.5" RE Super Flex
    1" BL
    CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
    Currie Anti-rock swaybar
    35" el cheapos
    Front Bumper & Rockers

the cv part of your aftermarket rear driveshaft is indeed the same as the stock TJ front. that's as long as you stayed with 1310 ujoints and didn't get on of those funny currie flange things.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
      the cv part of your aftermarket rear driveshaft is indeed the same as the stock TJ front. that's as long as you stayed with 1310 ujoints and didn't get on of those funny currie flange things.
      Well, I got one of them funny RE flange things with it..they're also 1330 ujoints. Get one small lil notion to trade it off and it breaks, guess that'll teach me.
      04 Rubicon
      4.5" RE Super Flex
      1" BL
      CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
      Currie Anti-rock swaybar
      35" el cheapos
      Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

oh yeah, forgot about the 1330 thing. looks like you'll have to deal with RE on replacement parts.
        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
        X