Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't waste a dime on D35. My brother did mild offroading with his TJ. Took it down to get a leaking pinion seal replaced and found out the housing was bent. It was rubbing the axle pretty good. He had a D44 swapped in.

Comment

Originally posted by aston
      Oh, sorry Goodtimes: I thought you were just drying your nail polish :cocktail:
      :poop:
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Here's my take.

I drove my dd Jeep setup with d30/d35 3:73's open on 33" MTR's for years. From mild to somewhat wild- fire trails to Moab/Rubicon. Im just now to the point that shes not geared low enough for what I want to do.

Do as little as you can to her as far as suspension and gearing until you wheel it more. Dont be afraid spend some money on skids and protection, cause youre gonna need it if youre not spending it on suspension. Its money well spent, cause you wont have to spend it twice.

First thing I bought for my Jeep was rocker protection. I ran most of the trails out here stock with no lift and 31's because I wasnt afraid to come down on the rocks. Next came a diff skid, steering box skid, and control arm skids. Chris and Erik reinforced my stock gas tank skid, and Its special to me ()

I ended up putting a small (2.5") lift and a 1" body lift, to fit the 33s. MTr's are awesome tires. They totally changed my wheeling experience. The guys thought I had got locked.

As my experience grew, I realized what I needed to do next. And its in the process of happening right now.

Shes now got 44's front and back, ARB's and 4:56's Shes getting a little bigger lift as well. The gearing was probably what gave me the most grief. I couldnt go slow enough, had to rely on my brakes going downhill.

I hope my long story helped...I dont think I would have changed anything.

Ive said it a million times, Your stock Jeep is way more capable then you are, get to know it first before doing anything extreme to it.

HTH

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Cool story... works for me..
          the stock jeep with stock parts will hold up well. Drive it, when you brake it, fix that..
          1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Thanks everyone. Just wanted you all to know that I am listening.

Comment

save your money find a 9" out of an early bronco 66-74, same width as YJ,TJ,XJ i got mine for $100, put a detroit ebay $380, disk brakes $190, and 35 spline carrier and shafts (from a buddy) $300. thats way cheaper than rebuliding you D35 olny to rebuild it again. i was breaking the superior 35 shafts with 31's and a detroit. plus you can shave the 9" and get another 2" of clearance. way better than a D35.

Comment

Working...
              X