Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k guys well i did what u guys told me to do.. and its coming from the oil pan.... if the oil pan is dented or outta shape in anyway would it creat a loud squeel like what i have.. gimmi some options but the squeel is comin from the oil pan. thanks for the help guys

Comment

If your oil pan is out of shape this could cause the noise your hearing. You will need to change it out soon as possible before metal shavings enter into the oil system.

Take a close look at the bottom of the inside of the pan, your looking for metal shavings,(silver or brass color. brass color is a bad sign) looking for signs of the rotating mass hitting the pan(silver). If this is the case change the Pan and oil pump. Clean the oil pickup tube screen.

What type of tranny do you have? auto, Manual? These sounds can travel thru the pan.

Auto- loose flywheel bolts can back out. or something hitting the flywheel

Manual- pilot bearing makes noise when the clutch is engaged. (flywheel turning, input shaft of tranny not turning) throwout bearing make noise when the clutch is engaged also but can make a noise if the clutch is not adjusted right. (throwout bearing touching the clutch fork)
      [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
      In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

okay well im gunna drop the oil pan and look for that today, also i have a manual tranny. if its the pilot bearing or throughout bearing i shouldnt hear the squeeling when it is just idling in my driveway right, only when i push down on the clutch. i think its something to do with my oil pan but well see thanks alot for the help guys

Comment

ps: if it is because the clutch isnt adjusted right how would i find that out and how do i readjust the clutch so it doesnt make the noise anymore. thankS !

Comment

Working...
          X