Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Idle

So since Sunday my jeep wont hold an idle everyonce in a while when I start it. It will start then just shut off. AFter starting it a few times it goes back to normal then maybe a day or two later it will happen again. Any ideas on what to check out?? This morning its just clicked rapidly when trying to trun it over then it finally started. Not sure if its the starter maybe? I havent switched anything out yet. Hoping to get some ideas first....
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Almost sound like you picked up some water in your fuel. I'd pick up a can of fuel drier just in case.

When you say it 'clicked', you mean the starter wouldn't engage? How are your battery connections, and battery condition?

Comment

Talked to Chris and Blaine- They are working together today. If you dont understand my post, you can call them

They said to get a good battery, check your connections and positive negative battery terminals. Trace you wires back and make sure your wires are tight and not corroded.

How long has this been happening?

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

It started happening Sunday Morning on the way to the trail head. After it happend a few times it got better. Then it happend again last night once and this morning on first start up. I will check up on the connections and wires. I know my connection could probably be cleaned off.

This has all been on the same tank of gas. I will try the gas drier too.
        Its time for me to do a all around tune up too. I think I will take the time this weekend to take care off everything..
        Thanks!
        Supe
        97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
          It started happening Sunday Morning on the way to the trail head. After it happend a few times it got better. Then it happend again last night once and this morning on first start up. I will check up on the connections and wires. I know my connection could probably be cleaned off.

This has all been on the same tank of gas. I will try the gas drier too.
          Its time for me to do a all around tune up too. I think I will take the time this weekend to take care off everything..
          Thanks!
          Supe, I have a battery terminal cleaner if you want to borrow it...let me know.
          -Bob
          '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman
            Supe, I have a battery terminal cleaner if you want to borrow it...let me know.

Yes Please..... I will grab it off you Tomorrow...Thanks!
            Supe

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
              Yes Please..... I will grab it off you Tomorrow...Thanks!
              Sounds good :thumbs_up
              -Bob
              '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

could be the TPS is dirty. tap the sensor on the throttle body with a wrench and see if it helps at all.
                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                  Talked to Chris and Blaine- They are working together today. If you dont understand my post, you can call them

They said to get a good battery, check your connections and positive negative battery terminals. Trace you wires back and make sure your wires are tight and not corroded.

How long has this been happening?

Tam
                  Problem solved. Thanks Tam for calling them up. I talked to him when I went over there too. Thanks guys. You rock!

It was the battery, really dirty. GOing to pick up a new one as well soon.
                  Supe

Comment

Working...
                  X