Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas 3.8 Or 4.3 Or Tera Low 4.0?

well, i am entertaining thoughts of low geared transfer cases... not quite sure which way to go here... i have always leaned toward the atlas cases because of the gear drive, but i guess i will be into drive shafts, and everything else if i go that way.... so in order to properly get an atlas in the jeep is going to cost about 2500 bucks!
    tera on the other hand will set me back about 1300 bucks including the 2w low. (would i ever use this?)
    i have, however been reading some bad general feedback about all tera products. what can you tell me about their 4:1 kit?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

ATLAS

Dont fu(k around . . . get the Atlas and dont look back, you know you want to.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
      ATLAS

Dont fu(k around . . . get the Atlas and dont look back, you know you want to.
      what he said!!! twin sticks baby!!!:yay:

Erik, getting driveshafts re-tubed or whatever you call it isn't that expensive. or atleast that's my belief. I'll be doing one next year... not sure if I'll do the 4.3 or 5:1 (yes they have a 5:1 from what I understand).
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

You know I have the tera lo. It is good but for the money, I'd look at an atlas (gear driven). I got the deal of the century on mine, that is the only reason I went with the tera lo.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Yep, if you can hold out until you save enough money, go for the Atlas. The only reason I went TeraLow in my 300 was because I got smokin' deals on my parts.

BTW, Crawltech has great prices on the Atlas. Call them for a better price than they have on their website.
          Michael Stowe
          Tin Benders

Comment

I love my tera low, then again because I don't go hardcore just a trail rig and good deal on the tera low.
            save some $$$ and get the atlas, you got 4 disc brake you can use the atlas to turn your rig in tide turn.

my opinion
            - 1995 Wrangler 2.5L Rio Grande
            - Tera Low T-case 4:1
            - 5" Procomp Coil Spring Conversion
            - ARB rear locker
            - Advance Adapters HD SYE & HD drive shaft
            - 4.0 TB
            - 8mm spark plugs wire, platium +4 sparks plug
            - MSD Coil
            - Sanden OBA / 2.5 Gallon tank
            - 32" BFgoodrich MT KM
            - K&N filter
            - Flowmaster
            - http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289014783
            - http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289209255
            - http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290317405

Comment

Do you have an SLE & driveshaft set up currently?

Comment

yes, i have the sye on there.
                ERIK

Comment

Most guys I know that run an atlas stick with the 3.8. The other gearing is too low and it over powers your brakes making it way hard to stop. Not sure, maybe that's just with an auto tranny.
                  ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
                  00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
                  97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

Nailer, I know someone that might want to buy the SYE Tcase till he can aford his own Atlas. Which SYE & Driveshaft. I'm in socal too.
                    Might sway the vote?

Brian

Comment

this transfer case thing got put on the back burner for now... it will happen but i have to swap out my engine first, and a few other things.
                      thanks for the offer.. and it is the aa/tom woods set up.
                      ERIK

Comment

It depends really on what tranny you are running, If you have an automatic, I would stay with the 3.8, If you have a manual, I would get the 4.3... I wouldnt go any lower.. I think the 5.1 is really too low, unless you are a competition guy, OR are running like 307 diffs..
                        UHH....DUUUHHH

Comment

5.0:1 too low? Are you guys ill? (as I wave my hand in front of your face to see if you are in a zombie trance). There is no such thing as too low.... Unless you are racing in low range maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by carrizojim
                            5.0:1 too low? Are you guys ill? (as I wave my hand in front of your face to see if you are in a zombie trance). There is no such thing as too low.... Unless you are racing in low range maybe?
                            I agree!!! I have 4:1 and 4.10's (66:1 overall), with 31" tires, and I am still geared too darn high! With the 35's that Erik is running, I would go strait for the 5:1, with 4.88's or deeper in the diffs.

The 4:1 is pretty good for moderate trails (3.5 - 4.5), but it still makes it hard to go slow enough over the really technical spots of many trails.

Slower is better!
                            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

you guys are making damn good arguments for an auto.:yay:
                              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                              X