Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rubi dana 44

I am installing a front D44 from a rubi into a 97 tj. What is the electrical connection at the differential for? any info will be appreciated. thanks

please post pic of the connector and where the leads end up. thx. :cactus:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

It is probably the 2-wire connection from the switch that tells PCM that the locker is locked.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

photos please
        as I understand, which means I have only heard, the locker is monitored by the computer, also isnt the actuator on the axle electronically activated?
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

I think it probaly is an indicator for the locker. It is a 2 wire connector that goes directly into the differential housing on the top side. The air line is mounted a little lower down.

Comment

it is an indicator for the computer in the rubi. You should not even need to hook it up.
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Also I am looking for some info on the factory compressor wiring. I have the compressor and would like to use it if possible because of the low pressure required to operate the locker. The wiring I'm unsure about, there is a 3 wire connector for the compessor. I would guess that positive and negative are both required for the motor to run, but it looks as if a black wire comes out of the compressor. I guessing again that this compressor has a regulator built in and that this black wire is signal wire. Not sure how to wire in. If I knew how it worked I could figure it out. Anyone have experience with this??? Thanks

Comment

For a 2003 model year, I am showing a tn/rd wire from the front locker relay (in the power distribution center) to the front locker pump (rd/wt for the rear), and blk for the ground on each of them.
                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                X