Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klune-V

Is anyone in this forum wheeling with a Klune-V. If yes, what is your drive train setup? I'm thinking of installing a Klune, but I'm not sure if I should I should move my engine & tranny forward six inches or purchase a Dana 300 & flipkit so that I don't have to move my engine forward. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Andrew
    '97 Guinness Powered 4 Banger. RE Long Arm,Currie Anti-Rock, 35 MT/R, OBA, OYR, custom front & rear bumpers,Super 35 w/Detroit, 4.88 gears Hi-Lift, Jacobs Electronics and Turbo City Stuff...
    2001 Cherokee Limited 4x4
    Member of the San Diego Rough Riders

i wouldn't run Klune in front of NV231. it's not the most stout t-case and with 4:1 Klune-V it has to be able to take 4 times torque. i just wouldn't be comfortable with it.
    i just went through this about a month ago, canned the idea of Klune and bought NVG241OR (Rubicon TJ t-case), it's got 4:1 and much beefier than NV231.
    now if you were to get Dana 300 t-case, you would need to upgrade to heavy-duty output shaft, as the stock one is not as strong (especialy behind Klune), but it would work fine, but it would be $$$.

Comment

So you blieve that the stock t-case would not hold up even with a 4 popper motor? I would prefer to use a D300 over my stock t-case so that I don't have to move my engine forward. I'm going Klune, I just have not figured the best way for me. However, one benefit of moving my engine forward is the much needed weight on the front of my vehicle.

Andrew
      '97 Guinness Powered 4 Banger. RE Long Arm,Currie Anti-Rock, 35 MT/R, OBA, OYR, custom front & rear bumpers,Super 35 w/Detroit, 4.88 gears Hi-Lift, Jacobs Electronics and Turbo City Stuff...
      2001 Cherokee Limited 4x4
      Member of the San Diego Rough Riders

Comment

Working...
      X