Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warn axles

Did a questionable upgrade. I have the Warn hub conversion for my 88 YJ which take the 260 u-joints. Busted a u-joint last time at Miller (dont ask how). So I figure, time and $$ allowing I need to upgrade to warn inner axles and 760 u-joints. Problem being how do I fit the 760's into the warn outters that I already have? After asking alot of people and checking out the dimensions of both axles I found it could be done. Of course maintaining the integrity of the ears was a question . It seemed the only thing different about the axles was the size of the hole. I found a machinist that accepted my task and he took the axles and said "Let me think about it, call me at the end of the week, they'll be ready. So today I finally got around to putting them together and if I did'nt know it I would'nt have known they were bored out. Great fit. The key was to bore them 1/32" away from the edge of the ear, not centered thus causing the ear to become too thin. Of course the final test is putting a load on them(Holcomb anyone? ) .

Last edited by paulhead; 10-01-05, 05:48 PM.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

wow, i'm glad that worked out for you. they look good. i hope the machining didnt do anything to the integrity of the stub.
    test em hard
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
    X