Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your mpg on your 4 banger

I am only getting 12-13 mpg. I have 33s. What are you guys getting?
    92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

15 - 16 on the interstate
    18 in town
    We run 33s, 456 gears, and a Turbo City Air Intake. Plus, I took the lead out of my foot
    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
    Glad to be back in California!

Comment

14-15 here. 33's with 4.88's. If I would get rid of the top rack I'd probably do better on the highway. I remember when I used to get 17-18.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
        14-15 here. 33's with 4.88's. If I would get rid of the top rack I'd probably do better on the highway. I remember when I used to get 17-18.
        Were you getting 17-18 on 33s?
        92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

LOL. No.
          17-18 was back on 215's when the jeep was new.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
            LOL. No.
            17-18 was back on 215's when the jeep was new.
            I was about to ask what your secret was!

Comment

12-13 seems to be about standard..... i think the only time I got any better was on a superlong freeway trip! even that was only 15 ish My new 44's have got 5.89's in them so we'll see what that does when i get them in ! higher rpm bigger tires should equal worse but less load on motor = better mileage? we'll have to wait and see!
              Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

2004 SE 31s 18 mpg 4.56 gears
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

WOW!!! I feel good about my Jeep now!!! I'm getting 22-24 with my 2.5 running 4.10's and 30x 9.5's...... I was getting 18-19 until I switched oil to Amsoil
                  Independent Amsoil Dealer

SEMA Member
                  SEMA PRO Council Member

Comment

Lol, I'm using Gastrol GTX 10w-30, and I'm getting like anywhere from 15 to 18 city, and like 18-22 highway...depending on how I drive. If I baby it, than it gets like 18 to 20 int he city, and still about 22 on the highway. Of course...I'm running just little goodyears...I forget what the stock hieghth is.
                    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                    [_____]
                    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                    []--o---[]

Comment

15mpg however no tune up - 33's without regearing.. Ack!
                      2.5Liter
                      1991 XJ Cherokee, 149,000km, 5spd, 4wd, Core Racing wheels, Grant GT steering wheels, Tuffy Center console.

Comment

12-14...mostly stock...32's

Comment

I get roughly 20-22 on the highways. I have 31's and stock gearing. I've noticed that with every vehicle I drive... I got dang good mileage when driven under 3k on the tach.
                          MY JEEP ROCKS... DOES YOURS'?

Redneck small talk:
                          D'jeet? No, d'ju? Yump-to? Aiaght.

Comment

My XJ is doing much better now than my Yj. I have used 3/4 of a tank and I am at 477km.
                            1991 XJ Cherokee, 149,000km, 5spd, 4wd, Core Racing wheels, Grant GT steering wheels, Tuffy Center console.

Comment

im getting about 14mpg on 31s but im locked front and rear.

Comment

Working...
                              X