Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

use to get about that with the YJ my buddy let me use for alittle, but thats all my 4.0 gets on 31s but its locked front and rear.
    -Keep Jeepin

Comment

Stock with 31"s I got 20-22 highway MPG.
      Lifted 5" and lost 3-4 MPG.
      PUT 33"s on and lost 3-4 MPG.
      I get 13-15 MPG now with stock 4.10's but I got 4.88's in the garage waiting for a free weekend and I'm cusious what that'll do to my MPG.

Comment

I'm not sure what I am getting per mile (never thought to do the math), but per tank I am getting around 265-290 miles. I have done a royal purple oil change with a k&n filter, and recently installed a Banks catback exhaust (SWEEEET!!!), air raid t-body spacer, and installed a k&n air filter. Before I had problems staying in 5th on the highway sometimes even downshifting to 3rd on some hills (which still only got me to 40-45mph), but now I can stay in fith and I am cruising at 65-75mph. I still have stock gearing. running 33's no lockers. not to mention this rig sounds really mean. My next step is gearing and lockers, then headers.

Comment

i get about 13 MPG with my wifes jeep. it is on 33" mt/r's and 48 gears.

the 4.0 6 cyl. does better with 35" tires and 48 gears/
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Do 488's make a real difference in performance?? I kinda want to know if it's worth pulling apart the axles.

Comment

Man... I'd like to know how you guys are getting over 20 stock with 31's... hell I'd even like to know how your getting over 15 stock with 31's.
              Yellow 01 Sport
              4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin92 View Post
                Man... I'd like to know how you guys are getting over 20 stock with 31's... hell I'd even like to know how your getting over 15 stock with 31's.

Not sure if it helps your situation... but, I have a t/body spacer, k&n, mod air box, and flow-through straight exhaust (glasspack), and no cat. However, I have just recently installed a R.E. 4.5" lift so I'm sure my mileage has dropped. The best thing I found to help with mileage is #1 keep your foot out of the gas,#2 do regular maintenance, especially your ignition and fuel system. But, I'm sure you all know that.

A little off the beaten path of getting better fuel economy... If anyone is looking for more power/fuel delivery I know a guy the works for Edge Performance that can build Juice boxes for our 4 cyl.'s.
                Last edited by utah_redneck; 08-31-07, 12:09 PM.
                MY JEEP ROCKS... DOES YOURS'?

Redneck small talk:
                D'jeet? No, d'ju? Yump-to? Aiaght.

Comment

I am getting 17-18 MPG in combination driving with 4.10s and 32" tires. I drive as smooth as I can and drive pretty slow.

Comment

Working...
                  X