Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpg

im going 2 college and i was wondering wat kind of mods i can do 2 get better mileage and how much they cost. i have a flowmaster 40 series and i took the horn piece of the air box i get about 12 to 13 now.

Best mod you can do to get better gas mileage is to drive slower and do not stomp on the throttle. Assuming you have a stock TJ, you should be getting a lot better than 12 MPG (in either 4 or 6 cyl). Get a tune up if you have not done one in awhile.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Drive slow. No, REALLY SLOW! Drive like you are 95 years old and can't see. Seriously, keep it under 65, and shift before you ever get to 2000 rpm.
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

on long trips JeepGal's Jeep gets 22 or so MPG consistantly. She has to follow my Jeep, which only does 60, but it gets the job done. Her Jeep has 3.73's and 33's w/ a 5 speed. Oh and its a 2002.

Good Luck
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Best advice I can offer is to buy a second car that gets better mileage. The 986 gets 24-25
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY
          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
            Best advice I can offer is to buy a second car that gets better mileage. The 986 gets 24-25
            How long is the return on investment based on MPG?
            I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

my jeep is lifted on 33's its a 4.0L with a 5 speed and 3.73's in the rear end...........would a true intake and throttle body spacer help?

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBeJeeping
                How long is the return on investment based on MPG?
                Already paid off - my "fun" is priceless!
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Spacer don't do anything... snakeoil. Just a good tuneup, fluids, and granny driving. Not much more you can do, you drive a brick!

Michael
                  1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
                  3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Originally posted by RUBICONN
                    Spacer don't do anything... snakeoil. Just a good tuneup, fluids, and granny driving. Not much more you can do, you drive a brick!

Michael
                    x2
                    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by RUBICONN

Michael
                      x3

Did you change your speedo gear when going to 33" tires? You should still be getting better than 12 MPG. I have 33 and 4.56 and still get 14-16 MPG.

There is really nothing you can do to increase your gas mileage other than change how you drive.
                      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                        x3

There is really nothing you can do to increase your gas mileage other than change how you drive.

Well maybe one siphon hose and gas can than borrow from your neighbor.
                        01 Tj Sport 4.0 Auto
                        4 RE, 1" Bl-MM, 33" with 6" flares and ORF tire carrier
                        SYE kit with ARB F/B 4.56

Comment

my speedo is off by about 6% so that puts me at about 13 mpg............i only got 53000 on my jeep and i drive pretty easy.....................would a chip, throttle body spacer, and a full intake help

Comment

Driving granny style wiith 31's and stock gears I got 15mpg, driving fast with same 14mpg, driving medium with 35's 4.88's and a ton of fun motor mods 13mpg ......'72 Datsun 240z with 300 plus hp 17mpg when driven like a maniac.... go figure
                            Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Get a new speedo gear they are cheap and takes no more than 30 minutes to install, a lot more than your speedometer relies on that signal.

Nothing, Nothing, Nothing is going to increase your gas mileage.

You are using plain old 87 octane correct? If not, start doing so. Another thing I noticed with my Jeep is it likes certain brands of gas better than others. Why? No clue but I do not argue with it.
                              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
                              X