Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can i buy a speedo gear? how much do they cost? and wat do i have to take off in order to install it? wat else runs off the speedo gear?

Comment

Originally posted by sikjeep99
      where can i buy a speedo gear? how much do they cost? and wat do i have to take off in order to install it? wat else runs off the speedo gear?
      4West in Colton, ask for Paul 909-824-0024. The gears aren't much. $15? I can't remember. Also Quadratec www.quadratec DOT com has them but the shipping alone will cost you about 5 or so bucks. The install is simple. Search the threads on this site, there was a good one about installing the gear. Basically, on the back of the transfer case is a bolt and clip holding the gear in. Unbolt that, pull it out, the gear is stuck on the end of that, remove it and put in the new one and button it up.
      Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

thats cool wat elseruns off of the speedo gear other than the obvious...the speedometer, and the odemeter.....wat else is there that uses this peace

Comment

The speedometer drives the main brains of the engine also (PCM)

Are you just changing the gear to account for a tire/gear swap?
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY
          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Should you install new speedo gears with 31s or just when you go with 33s or bigger?
            98 TJ 4.0 - 2" PORC budget lift - 31s

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMachine
              Should you install new speedo gears with 31s or just when you go with 33s or bigger?
              Depends on how anal you are - and what else you have planned. If gearing is "right around the corner", I wouldn't bother. But - it's a one banana job, so not a big deal to do.

Don't remember what color my gear is in the YJ - but it's dead on with 4.10's and worn 35's according to my GPS76.
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY
              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

yea and to correct the spedometer.....when i put 4.56 gears in it will it change this and will i have to go and buy another on of the little gears

Comment

Head their advice buddy, we drive bricks on wheels, just take it slow and you fuel mileage will improve. I rock out with 15 mpg in the city, but I can't complain because my last jeep only had 8 mpg. Then again it was a CJ with a 383 and a Kevlar body, now its a Cherokee with a 4.0.

Comment

Working...
                  X