Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big is not too big?

I need help! My SE is ok and all, but Im the only guy not running 33's on my ride. I really enjoy the over the road fuel mileage, but am willing to sacrafice this for more lift. Its is a must for at this point. I am looking for info from anyone that has a SE lifted to verge of overboard, but still happy with performance.
    [COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][COLOR="Black"][COLOR="black"]codyb[/COLOR][/COLOR]

how much money do you have to spend?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

My game plan is the keep the rig as low as possible and still clear the tires at full compression.

The 3 things you have to play with are:

suspension lift
      body lift
      body trimming
      track width

oops that's 4...
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

I always consider a mod to my ride an investment and as long as its a good one I think Im looking for the best answer to my prob. Im not looking to brake the bank but realize there may be some substantial cost associated with what Im looking for. Im just looking for some really good advise for this project. Thanks for any input!

Comment

with no idea how much money you are willing to spend, our ideas are cut short.
          you looking at 1000? 2000? 5000? a couple hundred?
          we need more info

what type of trails do you enjoy?
          what do you plan to graduate to?
          ERIK

Comment

I guess I want to spend as much as it takes. I think suspension lift cost appx $1k pending hookup w/vendor and of course wheels/tires. My main question is gears/eng mods/and any addtl items im not sure of.

Comment

I'd like to have more low end torque. Like to take it slow and easy, and as challanging as possible w/i limits.

Comment

is your jeep a 4 or 6 cyl? auto or manual?
                are you stuck on 33" tires or is 35" an option?
                are you able to do the install yourself?

again.. what type of trails do you like to run?
                rocks, big ass rocks, dirt roads, mud?

so... you have a grand in the suspension, and another in tires and wheels.
                then one more for gearing.... this is where you need to know for sure you want 33" tires and not 35's.

then there is the sye [recommended]
                how much of your money can i spend again?

another question.... what rear axle is in your jeep? not the dreaded 35 i hope. idf so, lets dole out another 1500 bucks to fix that
                ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by codybttu
                  I'd like to have more low end torque. Like to take it slow and easy, and as challanging as possible w/i limits.
                  well then! this is what i like to hear!
                  lets have a look at the atlas II or, even better the STAK

if those are out of the budget.. there is the tera low for about 800 bucks.
                  ERIK

Comment

lets go back to the budget question..

because we havent even beefed up the axles yet
                    ERIK

Comment

I think I made a wrong, correct that, I know I made a wrong choice with the engine selection. I only have a 4 cylndr in the Jeep. I am stuck on 33's if possible, just not sure if feasible. I guess I do need to give some attn to the the axle(s) gearing as I do have the stock 35 rear and I guess 30 in the front. If I was to drop a 6 cylnder in would i still need to address axle gearing issues?
                      PS. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                        is your jeep a 4 or 6 cyl? auto or manual?
                        We are in the 4 Banger garage

CodyB, Your question is a good one. Really :yay:

You are starting with the big picture: trying to describe your Jeep when it is done. Then every mod you do will move you closer to the end state without removing something you installed 6 months ago

The prob some of us are facing is our rides are never actually done and we have arrived at the end state 10 times :yay:
                        "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Budget is finding the lowest cost possible to acheive what Im looking for. Just want to make the right moves in mods as not to create wasted money out of pocket. Trying to make smart moves, you know?

Comment

4" short arm RE lift with adjustable upper, and lower control arms, 33" tires, 4.88 gears, either a dana 44 or a super 35, anti rock sway bar, and call it a day.

if you feel like that wont get you where you need to go, sell the jeep and get one with a 6 cylinder
                            ERIK

Comment

Nana, I feel this more than not! Its driving me nuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X