Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need more POWER

hey its my 1st jeep its a 2.5l its got 33/12.50/15s and ireally need more POWER and would really appreciate any tips that really work and where to get them would a electric fan make any difference and would it keep it cool what about exhaust 2.5 or 3" what about a K&N cone filter im just throwing a few things out there ?

Welcome to MJR.

Exhaust is fine. K&N's are garbage and let more dust in then they filter. What you really need is new gearing. 4.88's will do nicely.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
      4.88's will do nicely.
      4.88 will be the ticket.... I added all the fun stuff to my 4 popper after the gears, you may be suprised how much power that little motor really has, it's no 4.0, but it'll serve you well if set up right.
      Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Go get yourself a electric cooling fan outta a oldschool caddy. You will also need a thermostat switch deally to turn the fan on and off, you can get them at Autozone or Napa.
        You also probably want to get a header and exhaust... the stock 2.5l headers have a nasty habit of cracking, mine did, havent replaced it yet....

EDIT: ...wait... are you saying your running 33's on a stock motor stock gears?!?! I didnt think the 4banger could turn them stock!!!! Betya thats a pooch and a half, no wonder your looking for more power!
        Last edited by crawlin92; 08-03-05, 05:12 AM.
        Yellow 01 Sport
        4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Comment

Dude! If you really wanna go radical, there is a company that offers low end torque CAMS! (0.435 lift) for 4bangers. www. cliffordperformanceshop.com
          By the way if you MUD off-road a 4 banger is the best choice, it is very light so your front end will not sink, as opposed to the 6 cyls. I've had to pull a few out !!

Comment

Working...
          X