Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas milage???

hey guys whats everyone gettin on there jeep?? something is up with mine, i just got 117miles and i have a little less then a half tank.

I get about 200 miles to a tank
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I think last time I checked i was averaging 14mpg if the wind was not blowing hard.
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Seems to me the last time I actually filled it up and checked it (it doesn't get used as a DD), I was in the 12-14 range. Of course, the damn thing weighs as much as Rhode Island, with similar aerodynamic characteristics
        Jeff
        OHV76V
        KG6TY

Comment

My aerodynamic brick gets about 200-220 ... depending on which way I'm going on the hills.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

14-15 MPG damn heavy groceries

Comment

hi

i get 260 to 300on mine
              2004 TJ stock
              photo of me an my baby

jeep girl do it better!!
              wanted good man taking apps inquir with in

Comment

With my top off and my rear sail up (spare tire) I get 200 miles a tank (not 200 1/2).

Its my daily driver.
                [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
                In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                  I get about 200 miles to a tank
                  same... a little less then that. 180-200
                  Bryan
                  2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
                  front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
                  Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

I figure between the Dana 60, Dana 44, corner armor, York, air tank, rear rack, 35's, full cage, 1/4" thick bumper steel, rocker guards - I'm basically dragging a Sammy around with me.

Will be worse when I go to the T176/Klune/NP205 - I think the 205 weighs as much as the entire Jeep does now :0

Real world - if mileage is your goal, it will NEVER get better than you get with your jeep stock. Virtually _everything_ you do to make it more trailworthy will take you in the wrong direction mileage wise.

Why I drive the Boxster to work - 24 mpg
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY

Comment

cool i just wanted to make sure im not way off the mark. this is the first jeep ive owned. my other vehicles are all trucks.

Comment

last fillup i got 180 miles on 16 gallons of gas which is about 11mpg. kinda crappy id say, i think its worse than my moms Durango with a big V8. but i guess 3.07 gears + 31" tyres + teenage driver = Bad gas mileage
                        B R E T T
                        87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

I am right there at about 200 to 220 per tank... but hey it's a Jeep, not a Geo Metro.
                          That's a BIG rock!

Comment

it is kinda sad when my truck with a 5.9 almost get the same mileage as the 4.0 jeep

Comment

My CTD one-ton dually gets better mileage than my Jeep and it's not even close to broken in yet. ~16-17 empty highway. ~14 empty town. 'Course it's stick and I tend to keep RPM's around 1400-1600.

The speedo is all messed up of course between the regear to 4.88's and the 33's. I figure I am overestimating my mileage substantially. Figure 6-8 mpg? I need to go to 35's so that I can drive this thing without refilling every four blocks.
                              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Working...
                              X