Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmbrowning
    replied
    My CTD one-ton dually gets better mileage than my Jeep and it's not even close to broken in yet. ~16-17 empty highway. ~14 empty town. 'Course it's stick and I tend to keep RPM's around 1400-1600.

The speedo is all messed up of course between the regear to 4.88's and the 33's. I figure I am overestimating my mileage substantially. Figure 6-8 mpg? I need to go to 35's so that I can drive this thing without refilling every four blocks.

Leave a comment:

• Rawkon
    replied
    it is kinda sad when my truck with a 5.9 almost get the same mileage as the 4.0 jeep

Leave a comment:

• Bachman
    replied
    I am right there at about 200 to 220 per tank... but hey it's a Jeep, not a Geo Metro.

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    last fillup i got 180 miles on 16 gallons of gas which is about 11mpg. kinda crappy id say, i think its worse than my moms Durango with a big V8. but i guess 3.07 gears + 31" tyres + teenage driver = Bad gas mileage

Leave a comment:

• Rawkon
    replied
    cool i just wanted to make sure im not way off the mark. this is the first jeep ive owned. my other vehicles are all trucks.

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    I figure between the Dana 60, Dana 44, corner armor, York, air tank, rear rack, 35's, full cage, 1/4" thick bumper steel, rocker guards - I'm basically dragging a Sammy around with me.

Will be worse when I go to the T176/Klune/NP205 - I think the 205 weighs as much as the entire Jeep does now :0

Real world - if mileage is your goal, it will NEVER get better than you get with your jeep stock. Virtually _everything_ you do to make it more trailworthy will take you in the wrong direction mileage wise.

Why I drive the Boxster to work - 24 mpg

Leave a comment:

• Kaffa
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Fart
    I get about 200 miles to a tank
    same... a little less then that. 180-200

Leave a comment:

• D4x4Fish
    replied
    With my top off and my rear sail up (spare tire) I get 200 miles a tank (not 200 1/2).

Its my daily driver.

Leave a comment:

• IVasty
    replied
    hi

i get 260 to 300on mine

Leave a comment:

• cbremer
    replied
    14-15 MPG damn heavy groceries

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    My aerodynamic brick gets about 200-220 ... depending on which way I'm going on the hills.

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    Seems to me the last time I actually filled it up and checked it (it doesn't get used as a DD), I was in the 12-14 range. Of course, the damn thing weighs as much as Rhode Island, with similar aerodynamic characteristics

Leave a comment:

• nagal
    replied
    I think last time I checked i was averaging 14mpg if the wind was not blowing hard.

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    I get about 200 miles to a tank

Leave a comment:

• Rawkon
    started a topic gas milage???

gas milage???

hey guys whats everyone gettin on there jeep?? something is up with mine, i just got 117miles and i have a little less then a half tank.
Working...
X