Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hvac

One of my power settings on my Jeeps a/c didnt work. so i looked at the resisters and they looked fine. i used a ohm meter to test current going through and i get current. so i put my resister housing back on and now none of my settings work. what im thinking now is that the relay is shot by the fuses but if thats not right then my blower motor is dead. if anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it help, its getting hot here and i want a/c lol.
    99' TJ Sahara 4inch Fab Tech 31inch X-Terrains

Originally posted by denten
    One of my power settings on my Jeeps a/c didnt work. so i looked at the resisters and they looked fine. i used a ohm meter to test current going through and i get current. so i put my resister housing back on and now none of my settings work. what im thinking now is that the relay is shot by the fuses but if thats not right then my blower motor is dead. if anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it help, its getting hot here and i want a/c lol.
    Assuming you have a TJ, do you mean the blower setting switch from 1-4? If so, that happened to mine, I coudldn't get 2 or 4 to work. Rick took it apart and cleaned it well, turned out it was just dirty.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

ya TJ. what did he do can u find out cuz i need to get this fixed. thx

Comment

He took the switch apart, cleaned it, and put dielectric grease on the contacts. End quote LOL
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

awsome thx

Comment

yea no dice still broke any other suggestions

Comment

So you have determined that the blower switch is good then? Does it do this regardless of the heat setting, vent setting, etc? You should be able to pull the switch and check the resistance (continuity) on the terminals to make sure the switch is not the problem.
              1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
              My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

switch is fine and so is the blower im thinking its probly the fuse

Comment

Working...
                X