Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just wondering

hey i'm neqw to this site (nice to meet everyone), but i was wondering if anyone could help me figure what the factory gear ratio is on the front/rear differentials. i havent looked for the axle codes i probably should i've had it for two years but it is a 2003 Wrangler X 4.0L

Unless it was special ordered, I would almost bet you have the 3:07 gears, especially if you have the dana 35 (rubber drain plug instead of steel) Most X's came with that gearing, especially with the 5speed..
    04TJ, 4.0 5spd
    4" rough country springs
    Nth degree arms upper and lower
    1" Currie MML/BL
    Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
    33"BFG MT's
    Lock-rite in the front

Comment

there should be tags on the differential covers that will state the gearing. Being only a coupl years old, should still be there.

Avnative is right on, most likely they are 3.07.
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Could be 3.73's as well. JeepGal's 02 TJ X has them. Look to see if there is a tag on the axle. Also, if you bought it new, it should say on the window sticker what gearing it has.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Thanks

thank yall for the help i just got back from running some errands but i'll go check the axle for those tags and the code while i'm at it but the window sticker didnt say it i looked there first, my camaro's window sticker had the ratio on it, but the Jeep didnt i am not sure why but whatever i'll figure it out... thanks again for all the help

Comment

Working...
          X